Signal 0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Large barricade done PICS

Large barricade done PICS

Just a few more final touches. I'm going to cut another long port below the big "window" opening for more of a challenging position.

This is coming along nice and is good and solid.

Signal-0 Productions Firearms Training... for the working man.

Looks pretty good Bob!

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

Very nice, Bob.

I like all the knots. They should help hide all the bullet holes students shoot in them.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

It looks bombproof.

Speaking of students, are you not concerned about bullet strikes on those lag bolts?
    Last edited by Tack Driver; October 7th, 2013 at 10:33 AM.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

The only thing I would suggest is that if they are skids and you want them to move freely, I'd cut the ends at a 45.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by jlfar0311 View Post
    I thought the students would be shooting through the hole, not at the barricade. If so, I think it's appropriate that natural selection be allowed to do it's thing.
    Every class has a lowest common denominator, and he/she is the bane of my existence, .........................so, yeah, okay.

Quote Originally Posted by jlfar0311 View Post
    I also believe that after elementary school, there shouldn't be any crossing guards at the school. There's a highschool in town here that has 5 crossing guards. Let them motherfuckers walk where they want to. A Buick will decide which genes should carry on, it ain't that hard
    Yeah, but that's GA. I mean, you usually have to look for girls to chase in school, or don't see them till you get there.

In GA, they are chasing their sisters all the way from home. I can see how they get hit by cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Tack Driver View Post
    It looks bombproof.

Speaking of students, are you not concerned about bullet strikes on those lag bolts?
    No worries about the bolts... shooting will be done THROUGH the opening and on the sides. This barricade departs from my tendency to NOT stick my barrel THROUGH and BEYOND a barricade, but in this case, it's for practicing EXTENDED RANGE engagements in a HASTY manner.

I think you guys know how I feel about sticking your barrel through a barricade port...

... and yes, I'll be cutting the bottoms at 45-degrees to facilitate ease of movement.
    Signal-0 Productions Firearms Training... for the working man.

Bob you should really learn to consult with the experts BEFORE you start a project

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

Quote Originally Posted by 0317 View Post
    Bob you should really learn to consult with the experts BEFORE you start a project
    Exactly. I take Scotch and ammo as payment.