Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CCGF Member Shows Flawless Isosceles Stance

CCGF Member Shows Flawless Isosceles Stance

This is how it's done.

At shooting clinic under the tutelage of Signal-0's Bob Capps, Ceddie demonstrates the Isosceles Shooting Stance intact.

Questions and comments welcome. Get your asses in here and let's discuss.

<Shit, did I post about this already? I'm losing my mind.>
    No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. - Thomas Jefferson

Graduate
    Flawless choice of pistol, as well!

Yeah, I think it was the Kahr .40. I was surprised the grip angle felt similar to a 1911 but the trigger pull was just too long for me. I don't think there was a reset either. First time I ever shot one. Do you own one?

We need to take up a collection and buy Ceddie a handgun more appropriate for his stature in the community.

. . .not that there is anything wrong with that little baby pistol, Ceddie. I'm sure your Grandmother just loves it to death.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Here is one for you, and she has less than 1 year of shooting experience in this picture...

615340_3838293521999_2130051564_o.jpg
    "Patriotism is supporting your Country at all times. And your government only when it deserves it"

Mark Twain

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck."

John Steinbeck

WOW! Fantastic form north-fl.

She looks to be utilizing natural defensive body position (check); her feet about shoulder width apart (check); her strong-side foot slightly behind weak-side (check); her center of gravity appears slightly forward (check); can’t tell if she’s leaning on balls of feet; her upper body is square to target (check); her knees are slightly bent (check); her arms appear straight with elbows at natural extension (check); hmm, can see shoulders forward of hips but not sure if hips are forward of knees; her shoulders are rotated forward and her head is down behind the sights but it doesn't have that aggressive forward leaning appearance that I’m used to seeing in a Modified Isosceles.

God, don’t even get me started on the grip - exquisite.

This is a Modified Isosceles, correct?

You’ve done a fantastic job if you’re her shooting coach. Most definitely.

Graduate
    I own the PM9, (9mm) which is one of two EDC's I have. Depending on weather, destination, time of day, ect I carry it or my Glock 22.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJewban View Post
    WOW! Fantastic form north-fl.

She looks to be utilizing natural defensive body position (check); her feet about shoulder width apart (check); her strong-side foot slightly behind weak-side (check); her center of gravity appears slightly forward (check); can’t tell if she’s leaning on balls of feet; her upper body is square to target (check); her knees are slightly bent (check); her arms appear straight with elbows at natural extension (check); hmm, can see shoulders forward of hips but not sure if hips are forward of knees; her shoulders are rotated forward and her head is down behind the sights but it doesn't have that aggressive forward leaning appearance that I’m used to seeing in a Modified Isosceles.

God, don’t even get me started on the grip - exquisite.

This is a Modified Isosceles, correct?

You’ve done a fantastic job if you’re her shooting coach. Most definitely.
    Her feet are squared up to the target, it is the angle of the photo.

She is a much better student than I am teacher.

Her grip has to be good, those little hands leave no room for error. Those with ham fists (me) have the opposite problem.

She likes to shoot, I just wish she had "a passion" for it.

I told her about RAFSU, and she plans on attending FSU after her stint at Chipola College, so maybe Molary and the team will Inspire her for me.
    "Patriotism is supporting your Country at all times. And your government only when it deserves it"

Mark Twain

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck."

John Steinbeck

Quote Originally Posted by north-fl-trader View Post
    She likes to shoot, I just wish she had "a passion" for it.
    Hmm, know what you mean. The one consolation I can offer with those types in this sport is that passion grows over time. It's not like other activities kids pick up, and as they get older lose interest and never go back to it. That's been my experience.

Anyway, great job with the coaching and thanks for posting the pic.

Awe shucks... thanks for the complement gut it is all your camera work that makes me look good!!
    I've been working on liking the Isosceles for about a year and a half now but I still revert to weaver when I get under stress. I shoot WAY better in ISO but years of training is tough to break. I was specifically working on controlled pairs and keeping the aimed second shot with that mile long trigger pull. The Kahr takes some getting use to but is is a good little shooter.
    AB, do you have any input about how to speed up the follow ups with the Kahr's reset?
    respect the HAT!