Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Thought for the Day

Thought for the Day

I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Sophomore

Re: Thought for the Day

I have plenty to fight for, and I think there's a time for war. I just don't want to fight some other country's battles.

NB: I have never served in the armed forces
    "Alligators are very selfish lovers" -- Jonas

This makes me want to get out my Patton DVD's, the movie and the real ones.
    "If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies then every method of protecting ourselves is morally right" -- Cicero

"Governor, I haven't let another man touch my gun since 1861."

OORAH! On this, the one day of the year I'll dance with old demons, I drink a toast to my brothers that never made it home and the ones that carry the scars of their service for the rest of their lives. I say Semper Fi my brothers as long as there is breath in my body you will never be forgotten, now rest in peace, I've got this watch.

I hope everyone will take a minute this Memorial day and remember that a heavy price has been paid for the freedom you enjoy, don't ever disrespect that.

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

I know too many people who are not with us this memorial day, god bless my brothers in arms and lets all hoist a round in memory!
    If the enemy is in range, so are you.
    - Infantry Journal