Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Talon Range, Soft Opening This Weekend !!!

Talon Range, Soft Opening This Weekend !!!

The Talon Range is about to open. We have a requirement that you attend a safety and rules briefing lasting about an hour. We will be scheduling these over the next few weeks. One of these is REQUIRED for participation at the range. We will do a video based version as well.

However, this will allow you to learn a lot about the facility and ask questions.

This weekends schedule is:

Friday June 21st, 6 p.m. till 7 p.m.
    Friday June 21st, 7:30 p.m. till 8:30 p.m.
    Saturday June 22nd, 9:30 a.m. till 10:30 a.m.
    Saturday June 22nd, 11:00 a.m. till 12:00 p.m.
    Saturday June 22nd, 2:30 p.m. till 3:30 p.m.
    Sunday June 23rd, 9:30 a.m. till 10:30 a.m.
    Sunday June 23rd, 11:00 a.m. till 12:00 p.m.
    Sunday June 23rd, 2:30 p.m. till 3:30 p.m.
    Sunday June 23rd, 4:30 p.m. till 5:30 p.m.

We made some changes to the agreement we sent out a couple of weeks ago. We will review the document, the rules and range etiquette. Our site has the schedule for this weekend listed and we will post the dates and times there moving forward.

We will be open Saturday from 9 a.m. till Dark and Sunday the same hours. We will announce next weeks open days and times early in the week. Bear with us as we try to get up and running.

Archery and Shotgun will be coming very soon. Late July on Archery and as soon as we can get Skeet equipment installed on Shotgun. We will at least have some Skeet open by July.

Memberships will start to count July 1st unless notified otherwise.

Please bear with us as we figure out how to run this thing. A LOT of work got us to this point and we want to ease into it so we can avoid upsetting anyone.

The Pro-Shop is stocked with Hearing Protection, Targets, Eye Protection, some accessories and such. Stop by when you are out and check it out.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Re: Talon Range, Soft Opening This Weekend !!!

where is it

I couldn’t be more excited!

It all started at the end of a Talon low light tactics class that I attended back in December of 2011 at Pat Thomas. J.D. and Charlie mentioned that they were looking for land and had the intention of building their own range facility.

After about a year and a half of concept planning, revision after revision, land negotiations, financial planning, construction design, permitting, contractor negotiations, and headaches, it grew from vision to reality!

I am very proud to have been a part of this and made some great friends in the process. The entire compliment of folks that are a part of Talon Range, Talon Training, and Talon Holsters are 100% top notch people.

[quote author=t1ght_gr0up link=topic=1209.msg8756#msg8756 date=1371648289]
    where is it
    [/quote]

I-10 Midway exit, Gadsden10/90 Comerical park, stay to the right, follow Commerce Boulevard around until you see the entrance on the right.

Triad

Shane - you have done an amazing job with the design and planning of Talon. (I know - they're a client and these things are a collaborative effort), but man you did a super super job! It must have been a blast working with Charlie and JD and the others.

Congratulations - it must be extremely gratifying to see a project like this come to fruition. Takes a lot of patience and dedication, for sure.

I hope you got a lifetime membership out of it, LOL.

BTW - I call it TALON Shooter's World, but I'm thinking it could be: White Flags Over Talon

This is going to bring a lot of revenue to Midway and Gadsden County in time.

I sure appreciate all your hard work and I'm definitely going to take advantage of it.

Being an early Gold Member has it's privileges, and I'm proud to have joined way back at the very start of it.

The whole thing looks like an Inca or Mayan City, the berms are so high and covered in green grass.

Just awesome, and I'll tell you, those high berms really cut down the noise! Excellent design!

Went to the safety briefing today and purchased my membership

If you have not been there I would check it out!

What will the operational hours be?
    "If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies then every method of protecting ourselves is morally right" -- Cicero

"Governor, I haven't let another man touch my gun since 1861."

[quote author=BlueBronco link=topic=1209.msg9337#msg9337 date=1372078002]
    What will the operational hours be?
    [/quote]

Range is open this weekend 9 till dark. Officially open 7 days a week starting July 1.

Graduate

Is there going to be another set of safety & rules briefing dates? We were unable to make any of the times/dates this past weekend.

My family is really looking forward to getting out there!

[quote author=substratum link=topic=1209.msg9354#msg9354 date=1372084044]
    Is there going to be another set of safety & rules briefing dates? We were unable to make any of the times/dates this past weekend.

My family is really looking forward to getting out there!
    [/quote]

Saturday June 29th, 9:30 a.m. till 10:30 a.m.

Saturday June 29th, 11:00 a.m. till 12:00 p.m.

Saturday June 29th, 2:30 p.m. till 3:30 p.m.