Signal 0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Talon Range, Soft Opening This Weekend !!!

Re: Talon Range, Soft Opening This Weekend !!!

Me and my 10 year old on the new range Saturday.

Attached Images Attached Images

[quote author=Highlander link=topic=1209.msg9349#msg9349 date=1372082453]
    [quote author=BlueBronco link=topic=1209.msg9337#msg9337 date=1372078002]
    What will the operational hours be?
    [/quote]

Range is open this weekend 9 till dark. Officially open 7 days a week starting July 1.
    [/quote]

I knew about the weekend thing. I was looking for the week day schedule. Thanks.
    "If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies then every method of protecting ourselves is morally right" -- Cicero

"Governor, I haven't let another man touch my gun since 1861."

[quote author=BlueBronco link=topic=1209.msg9372#msg9372 date=1372088186]
    [quote author=Highlander link=topic=1209.msg9349#msg9349 date=1372082453]
    [quote author=BlueBronco link=topic=1209.msg9337#msg9337 date=1372078002]
    What will the operational hours be?
    [/quote]

Range is open this weekend 9 till dark. Officially open 7 days a week starting July 1.
    [/quote]

I knew about the weekend thing. I was looking for the week day schedule. Thanks.
    [/quote]

Should be about the same. They have talked about possibly opening up earlier during the summer if there was enough demand and availability of someone to man the post. They also talked about staying opened past dark since they will be installing stadium lighting and a light under each cover.

Most recent aerial photo of Talon Range.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Is there a schedule for evening safety briefings this week?

[size=1.35em]The briefings this weekend will be on exactly the same days and same schedule as the first set were.[/size]

After that we will be making a video version for members and another for guests to view whenever they come out to the range for the first time.

But I'd do the in person one if humanly possible. The video version will include a written test that requires a score of 100% to pass.

We take members and guests safety as seriously as we take the quality of the instruction we provide. Maybe more so, but we will gladly leave that judgement to you to make.

Oh. And starting July1, we will be open from 9:00AM-9:00PM seven days a week. This is subject to change based on demand, and the installation of appropriate lighting.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

[quote author=Rumbler link=topic=1209.msg9584#msg9584 date=1372127878]...................., and the installation of appropriate lighting.
    [/quote]

I'll bring my own, thanks. ;D
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

[quote author=Tack Driver link=topic=1209.msg9634#msg9634 date=1372164262]
    [quote author=Rumbler link=topic=1209.msg9584#msg9584 date=1372127878]...................., and the installation of appropriate lighting.
    [/quote]

I'll bring my own, thanks. ;D
    [/quote]

yeah, well, we know that lighting is not all cracked up to be. I *usually* prefer no artificial lights at all.

But we have some member folks that need all the light they can get . . . . . And me too so I don't get shot by them. :-[
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Graduate

My family attended the Saturday afternoon briefing, and Charlie covered a lot of ground. JD sat in on it, too. We are really looking forward to going out there on a regular basis! The big picture plan that Charlie laid out demonstrates the vision these folks have for this project, and I'm excited about the opportunities it will bring. I predict that Talon Range will become a well-known venue for shooting sports nationally, within a relatively short period of time.

Do we have a date for the "Grand Opening" event?

Have y'all ever considered opening an indoor range maybe like on Capital circle somewhere, I mean really how long would a little thing like that take

//end sarcasm//

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture