Signal 0
Likes Likes:  38
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are you doing... if anything... to prepare

Quote Originally Posted by Airgator0470 View Post
    I'm not much for the melt down situation... but after watching Clinton last night, if she gets the nomination, which I'm sure she will, shit will hit the fan in the guns/ammo market... she will go after guns with a vengeance like we have not seen...
    If she wins and the R's lose the Congress, you might as well prepare for confiscation ala Australia IF they cannot run the manufacturers out of business with liability legislation. In a best case scenario,we are back to a 1994 ban on AR'S and more than 10 round mags but this time it will be permanent and might not include grandfathering existing ownership.

Graduate
    Mother in laws are almost as good as retired LEOs . I live in a small subdivision 7 houses total. There are 3 retired LEOs and me . It's a single lane paved street that deadends in to river bottom. We don't miss much. It's hard for a stranger to get out of here with out being ask, can I help you with something?
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

like we say here "One way in, no way out."

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

Quote Originally Posted by polebarn View Post
    If she wins and the R's lose the Congress, you might as well prepare for confiscation ala Australia IF they cannot run the manufacturers out of business with liability legislation. In a best case scenario,we are back to a 1994 ban on AR'S and more than 10 round mags but this time it will be permanent and might not include grandfathering existing ownership.
    I don't believe we will ever see confiscation... most likely ownership phase out, like CA does. I say if gun makers are liable for gun crimes in general, car makers are liable for DUI's... fuck it, no guns and public transit for the win...
    Signal-0 Productions Firearms Training... for the working man.

Quote Originally Posted by Airgator0470 View Post
    I don't believe we will ever see confiscation... most likely ownership phase out, like CA does. I say if gun makers are liable for gun crimes in general, car makers are liable for DUI's... fuck it, no guns and public transit for the win...
    10 Years ago I'd have agreed with you but 10 years ago Dems didn't say the C word if they wanted to get elected, now they're running on it. Media bias has pushed public opinion much further left than it has ever been and the general pussification of the American male leaves me with serious concerns over confiscation.

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

Quote Originally Posted by 0utlaw View Post
    10 Years ago I'd have agreed with you but 10 years ago Dems didn't say the C word if they wanted to get elected, now they're running on it. Media bias has pushed public opinion much further left than it has ever been and the general pussification of the American male leaves me with serious concerns over confiscation.
    I've not heard anyone come close to mentioning confiscation... has anyone?
    Signal-0 Productions Firearms Training... for the working man.

Oderint dum metuant

From Bearing Arms
    Even more bizarre than Clinton’s general anti-gun views are the specific anti-gun talking points she’s chosen to bet her Presidential dreams upon.They are:

• “universal” background checks
    • closing the “gun show loophole”
    • stopping “online sales”
    • banning “assault weapons”
    • her admission that Australian style gun confiscation of semi-automatic, pump-action, lever-action and other firearms is “worth looking into”
    • gutting the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) so that gun control supporters can file frivolous lawsuits to bankrupt the firearms industry and gun dealers

Oderint dum metuant

All I have left is two OLD double barrels, a Remington 22 and a Lama 38. I'll gladly turn them in when asked if for no other reason, to be in compliance and off the BAD list.
    5G Motorola Razr