Signal 0
Likes Likes:  38
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: AR15/CARBINE CLASS Feb 13th/14th

Yup, I have one. Would like to know a bit more before I jump ship.
    None can love freedom heartily, but good men; the rest love not freedom, but license.
    --John Milton

Only digging in on the position of the truth – yes, I defend guns because guns are useful for killing criminals and tyrants – is going to be successful. Only the truth shall set you free.

Not saying this is what happened but I have seen detent springs get pinched while installing the grip and get "straightened" and reused and have so much tension you could barely move the selector.

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

The AK problem was self-induced... THE MORNING of class, which is the worst time to start fucking with things, the owner tried to bend the safety lever so it would not bind so hard on the receiver... the spring that holds the FCG never was reinstalled properly... as far as I remember... so in this case, we CAN NOT blame the AK or platform for the problem.

I know for a fact he started the class with it that way... if any of you guys helped him change it later, I was unaware.
    Signal-0 Productions Firearms Training... for the working man.

Dude should have talked to jafar. He squared outlaws safety away in minutes...
    None can love freedom heartily, but good men; the rest love not freedom, but license.
    --John Milton

Only digging in on the position of the truth – yes, I defend guns because guns are useful for killing criminals and tyrants – is going to be successful. Only the truth shall set you free.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodo View Post
    Dude should have talked to jafar. He squared outlaws safety away in minutes...
    I told him "I know a guy in Thomasville..."

Quote Originally Posted by Airgator0470 View Post
    I told him "I know a guy in Thomasville..."
    Close enough?
    --John Milton

Yeah, doing anything to a gun the day of the class or day of the competition is bound to bite you on the ass.

Its like a rule.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodo View Post
    Close enough?
    30 minutes one way... he was a young kid... great kid... just getting started and learning like all of us had to at one time or another. I told him he had some choices... go get the AK fixed, go buy some .223 and use one of my AR15's, or see if the AK makes it...

I can understand why he wanted to get the safety to move easier, mine dang near needed a screwdriver to pry it on and off. My advice is, bite the bullet buy the Krebs and lock plate and never look back. It was an amazing change on mine, I would never have believed the difference if I hadn't seen it first hand.

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

Having taken Bob's AR class before, I highly recommend it. If I didn't have a previous commitment I would have joined you bastards.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.