Likes Likes:  32
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 460 S&W

460 S&W

Oh my.

JD done got me some dies in hand and some "magnum" bullets on order.

I have not looked forward to something with so much anticipation in a long time . . . .

I think that I am going to need to add some steel to the bullet trap.

There are published loads saying 300gr at 2250FPS. This is going to be very serious fun!
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

You gotta like a revolver where a .45 Long Colt is like a .22 short and .454 Casull is like a .22 long.
    "If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies then every method of protecting ourselves is morally right" -- Cicero

"Governor, I haven't let another man touch my gun since 1861."

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    Fuck,we will be picking up pieces of Rumbers fingers for the next few months after he Rumbelizes some 460 mag rounds.Crap I bet we will find finger parts all over Gadsden County.
    (nam era) yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbler View Post
    There are published loads saying 300gr at 2250FPS. This is going to be very serious fun!
    That surely does not suck.

You gonna' shoot pins with it?
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Graduate
    No. Believe it or not it would take to long to recover from the recoil to ever win.
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

If I remember correctly one round was shot at the pins when JD first got the revolver.

. . . I had to replace the deflector plate on the front of the table - it was beyond repair (the shot hit low).

I am figuring a 300gr bullet at 2250 will do quite nicely

. . . as a starting load.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    Yes Rumbler I witnessed that shot to the table.
    (nam era) yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

Grand Pooba
    Please dont shoot that thing into the bullet trap. We will be fixin the wall behind it. The trap is not rifle rated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumbler View Post
    Oh my.

JD done got me some dies in hand and some "magnum" bullets on order.

I have not looked forward to something with so much anticipation in a long time . . . .

I think that I am going to need to add some steel to the bullet trap.

Train like your life depends on it, cause it does.

I was just kidding. The thickest steel we have is about 3/4". That certainly isn't going to stop one of those bullets.

Supporting Member
    Make one helluva hunting pistol for those places where it's shotgun/pistol only.