Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  32
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 460 S&W

Rumbler,

Maybe you can post when you plan on shooting this cannon so those of us over here in Quincy can put on our ear protection.

I'm thinking that I at least need to run a red flag up high near the front gate.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

LOL, like the undercurrent flags........nice.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Grand Pooba
    The first time I shot it at the range, I went up to my office at the Ram building. When I walked through the door, one of the guys in the front office ask what in the hell we were shooting a few minutes ago. Mjolnir (Thor's Hammer) is what my son calls it.
    Train like your life depends on it, cause it does.

Holy poop stacks!

I loaded some development cartridges finally. Just a few. get a load (pun intended) of this:

240gr jacketed hollow point
    over 48.5 gr of H110.

Can you imagine . . . .

That is about 2.5 times as much powder as I load in my very "best" 300BLK loads with a bullet weighing 2/3 as much.

I'm telling ya if I was a big badass polar bear, I would turn around and run from someone carrying a wheel gun full of those cartridges!
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

That's crazy. Would come in handy to stop a charging MRAP.
    Putting the Harm in Pharmacist

It's an 88 Magnum- magnum- magnum... It shoots through schools
    Let us skip the other lies, for brevity’s sake. To consider them would prove nothing, except that man is what he is—loving toward his own, lovable, to his own,—his family, his friends—and otherwise the buzzing, busy trivial, enemy of his race—who tarries his little day, does his little dirt, commends himself to God, and then goes out into the darkness, to re-turn no more, and send no messages back—selfish even in death.
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    That's crazy. Would come in handy to stop a charging MRAP.

I'd bet my boots they couldn't ignore the bullet impacts. That load has got to make like a kagillion tons of energy!

Rumbler, does that 48.5gr fill up the case all the way to the bullet base?
    ------ For the ordinary person, everything is either a blessing or a curse. For the warrior, there are only challenges.--------

------Boat ramps and gun ranges can be some of the best places to see the depth of human stupidity------

------ "It doesn't matter.......it is AK......" AKOUL4774------

40 x 400 = 500
    Weapon of Choice: Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator bolted to a crappy old T53 stock