Likes Likes:  33
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: URGENT UPDATE PAT MAC CLASS

Bring a sharp stick and a flint lock also. Maybe if there is time, we can hone a blade from bone and make a primitive knife ?

Shotguns are obsolete in my opinion.

If Vickers can say the 1911 is obsolete, I think my ego allows me to say the same for shotguns.
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #2: Support your men.

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

NJC, I can bring you a shotgun if you change your mind.

Dude. Thanks but I said they were obsolete. That does not mean I don't have more than one ;-)
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

Maybe he could bring one that DOES change your mind...

Quote Originally Posted by NJC View Post
    Bring a sharp stick and a flint lock also. Maybe if there is time, we can hone a blade from bone and make a primitive knife ?.

Shotguns are obsolete in my opinion.

If Vickers can say the 1911 is obsolete, I think my ego allows me to say the same for shotguns.
    Try some controlled flight wad shells and it might change your mind.
    Weapon of Choice: Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator bolted to a crappy old T53 stock

JMW, it's not the shootability or the Manual of arms that gave me that opinion. I can run one just fine.

For what I do, a carbine in the 15 - 200 plus yd solution in my opinion. The advent of the "Active shooter " generation and the north Hollywood shootout showed how poor a fit the shotgun was for what I do. Don't want to pollute this thread, but we can definitely have this conversation off line or in person next time I see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorvet View Post
    Maybe he could bring one that DOES change your mind...
    doubt it. Until recently I had three in my safe. Down to two now. The one I sold to a member here was a Beretta 1201FP. It is the close cousin to the M1 Super 90. While undoubtedly one of the fastest cycling and most reliable recoil operated semi auto shotguns around, I just had no use for it.

Graduate
    Three south Georgia hogs would dispute that shotguns are obsolete , but they expired about 7:30 this morning.
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

FLT.. pay attention.. Ineffective and obsolete are two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by NJC View Post
    Dude. Thanks but I said they were obsolete. That does not mean I don't have more than one ;-)
    We just like busting your balls over using shotguns.