Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  27
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Silencers are golden. But priced like tin!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ike View Post
    I am in....gimme a kestrel. That is an out the door price....wow.
    12b......read up on how to make those 308 rounds sub sonic.

Fellas.....who should I have thread the barrel, in town.
    Ike what kind of rifle is it?

The only gun smith I've had do anything is Masters and I know you had a very bad experience with him.

5/8 x 24 is the standard 308 thread.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Ike Did you buy that on the interwebs?
    Let us skip the other lies, for brevity’s sake. To consider them would prove nothing, except that man is what he is—loving toward his own, lovable, to his own,—his family, his friends—and otherwise the buzzing, busy trivial, enemy of his race—who tarries his little day, does his little dirt, commends himself to God, and then goes out into the darkness, to re-turn no more, and send no messages back—selfish even in death.
    Mark Twain

I clean mine every time I shoot it and I shoot full load rounds through it on a regular basis.

I originally thought titanium was the shit until I found out that it doesn't hold up as good as steel.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" -Plato

here's some advice you didn't ask for:

if you are getting a rifle suppressor, and they make it in titanium and steel, get the titanium even if it cost 1.5x the steel. My Thompson Thirty weighs 28oz, lots of weight on the wrong end of the gun.

most silencers will benefit(be quieter) if shot wet. dunk in water and shake out, put in some wire pulling lube or your tube of deerstand KY. I've read that most centerfire rifle silencers should only be shot dry though.

If you get a .22 silencer, get one you can take apart and clean yourself. To clean, soak it in wd40/hoppes for at least a day, then remove the baffles. If you baffles are aluminum, you can use baking soda to blast them, if they are steel/titanium, bead blasting.

Bead blasting is by far the worst way to clean steel baffles. It pits the metal, making it easier for residue to stick to and harder to clean.
    Last edited by Tack Driver; November 27th, 2017 at 05:42 PM.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" -Plato

Graduate
    Nope . It's going to the FFL , you will give them more information .
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

Graduate
    Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    I clean mine every time I shoot it and I shoot full load rounds through it on a regular basis.

I originally thought titanium was the shit until I found out that it doesn't hold up as good as steel.
    i clean mine on a regular basis . One of mine is more than 30 years old and seems to be as good as new.
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

I don't know about other great deals for Trusts, but here is a place that does them for $59..

Of course you can do them yourselves as well. Lots of info on the web.

http://199trust.com/
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Clarification: The price on the web sight is not a full out the door price, as I read it. You still must order a stamp. So it will be an extra 200$.

I thought that was to good to be true, and it was.

Deciding what I am going to do now
    Sorry. I updated the initial post to show that now.

do you still need to buy the tax stamp after the 59$ trust fee?
    Yes, each and every time you buy an NFA item. No way around that.

However you don't have to submit finger prints and get the CLEO sign off, and you can e-file.

From the re-sellers standpoint it saves quite a bit of hassle. If we sell it direct and we don't have what you want in stock, we have to order it, wait for the ATF to approve the transfer to us from the maker or distributor, receive it and then start the paper work clock for you. And we have to charge you sales tax.

If it takes you 6 months to get your stamp approved, we have to hold your suppressor for 6 months in our safe. Ask most FFL's with a SOT and they will tell you they have suppressors that they have held for customers for a year or more.

Sorry I was unclear at the start of this. We all live and learn, I fucked up. It happens once or twice a year.