Likes Likes:  17
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Individual Patrol Officer Kit $49 OTD

Individual Patrol Officer Kit $49 OTD

These are made by North American Rescue. A good thing for every shooter to have.

Kit Contents:

1. 2 x Black Talon® Nitrile Trauma Gloves (1 pr.)
    2. 1 x C-A-T® (Combat Application Tourniquet®)
    3. 1 x Flat Z-Fold Gauze™
    4. 1 x Flat ETD™ 4 in. Emergency Trauma Dressing

Dimensions:

1. Packaged: H 4 in. x W 6.5 in. x D 2.75 in.
    2. Weight: 7.7 oz
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Graduate
    I've never understood the black trauma gloves, nor have I ever had a medical professional like them. When you're doing a sweep for blood under armor or clothing, the black doesn't have the contrast for the blood to really show. Kind of like all the medics I know use blue led's for light because the red light doesn't show the blood either.

Is there an advantage I'm missing?

Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    I've never understood the black trauma gloves, nor have I ever had a medical professional like them. When you're doing a sweep for blood under armor or clothing, the black doesn't have the contrast for the blood to really show. Kind of like all the medics I know use blue led's for light because the red light doesn't show the blood either.

Is there an advantage I'm missing?
    Black gloves matter..

I've got some blue gloves I will throw in.

Quite frankly if you are shot, I'm not taking time to put on gloves before I try and stop you from bleeding to death.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Black gloves have 25.4% more tactical.
    All marketing. In EMS we always just used whatever the higher ups bought.
    They all work the same.
    Putting the Harm in Pharmacist

I think the gloves are included so you can blow them up as balloons, and give them to Tiny as you try and get a TK around his bleeding leg. Keep him distracted so he doesn't think you are going for his meat and two veg..

An elephant made out of a blue glove is pretty sweet.
    Putting the Harm in Pharmacist

You have these in stock?
    Weapon of Choice: Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator bolted to a crappy old T53 stock

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    Black gloves matter..

I've got some blue gloves I will throw in.

Quite frankly if you are shot, I'm not taking time to put on gloves before I try and stop you from bleeding to death.
    Yeah, the gloves wont fit over the boot he will be using to step on the bleeding area.
    Weapon of Choice: Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator bolted to a crappy old T53 stock

Quote Originally Posted by JMW4570 View Post
    You have these in stock?
    No. I am hoping to get an order for 4 or 5..

The black gloves are thicker, that is their only advantage. AB is right though, they do not show blood very well.
    Yo Tony, Do me a kindness. - Winnebago Man

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

"We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we're going to rip out their living goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun cocksuckers by the bushel-fucking-basket. War is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours." - George S. Patton