Tallahassee Indoor Shooting Range
Likes Likes:  21
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Romain AK47 Pistol (Draco) $499 OTD

Quote Originally Posted by Danman View Post
    Remember, I'm special!!!!
    That would make your answer "C"
    Weapon of Choice: Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator bolted to a crappy old T53 stock

Dale, I have a paperback for you to read.

Name:  1982_a_minor_thesaurus_of_rural_metaphor_01.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  42.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Cattle/Horses View Post
    Dale, I have a paperback for you to read.

Name:  1982_a_minor_thesaurus_of_rural_metaphor_01.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  42.2 KB
    Looks like it has pictures, so I should be able to follow along.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

So can you make a pistol an SBR or does it have to start life as a long gun?

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

It can be an SBR..
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    Looks like it has pictures, so I should be able to follow along.
    Coming from me, you didn't expect it to be Latin did you?

Sorry for my short answer before 0utlaw.

So two routes I know of for SBR manufacture. Buy a rifle and send the paperwork off, when its approved send to be cut. On AK's this is a little harder than on AR's as you usually need a different gas block and such, depending on how short you go. The other way is to buy a pistol and send the paperwork off, when its approved mount your stock.

(I'm skipping stuff like engraving, but you get the gist).

I chose to go the sigbrace method. ( http://www.jgsales.com/sb47-stabiliz....-p-65088.html ) because then I don't have to deal with the ATF and taking out of state (say to deer camp) doesn't require me to file forms.

Guys we still have this. Last night I put my bore sight in it and verified that the sights are pretty much right on, no Century 'cant' in this build.

We'd like to make this gone. Might even make a package deal on this and the G22.

Is it 7.62, 5.56, 5.45?

Quote Originally Posted by Jafar View Post
    Is it 7.62, 5.56, 5.45?
    7.62x39. Heck we could ship it to you and probably sell it for less due to the difference in tax vs shipping.