Tallahassee Indoor Shooting Range
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: H&R to no longer make single shot rifles/shotguns.

Quote Originally Posted by Tack Driver View Post
    For the sake of Ike and myself, what kind of subsonic wickedness could we whip up?
    A really really pointed 230gr bullet at 1040FPS.

I've got a bunch loaded if your guys want to try them out. It hits like a ton of friggin bricks !!!

. . or virtually any other combination of bullet / speed you want to put together. I've run 110grain Barnes TLS/LE subsonic and the bullets look like something from an advertising photo shoot; nasty wicked looking.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

I really like my H&R handi in 300 BLK. Picked it up from Grab a Gun for 239+flat rate shipping of like $6. You may remember I posted the deal the day I bought it. Anyway - like Rumbler - I am glad I picked it up. It is the farm hunting gun for deer this season. Running 150 grain soft point at just over 1800 fps which is more than enough for our conditions. Accuracy is dead on. This particular model is a collaboration between H&R and AAC. Some complain the stock is a bit short but i think it is just cool. Flat top only with threaded barrel. The one thing to be aware of is that this gun does not come with a hammer extension so if you plan on dropping a scope on this, order the extension.

I also have a .357 mag H&R handi with a bull barrel. This is also a very accurate gun.

Last one to note is a 410 youth model that I bought for my son.

I would not sell any of these. If this news is true, i may have to pick up another one or two. Maybe in 222 or 223 or 308 or 45 Colt.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbler View Post
    A really really pointed 230gr bullet at 1040FPS.

I've got a bunch loaded if your guys want to try them out. It hits like a ton of friggin bricks !!!

. . or virtually any other combination of bullet / speed you want to put together. I've run 110grain Barnes TLS/LE subsonic and the bullets look like something from an advertising photo shoot; nasty wicked looking.
    Sorry sir, let me clarify. I mean 45/70 subsonic wickedness.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Would there be a worry with excessive head space with size of this case loading subsonic? How much would you really lose by dropping to 45 LC to get the same ballistics?

Is it just a case that there is more of a selection of heavy bullets in the 458 dia?

Quote Originally Posted by Tack Driver View Post
    Sorry sir, let me clarify. I mean 45/70 subsonic wickedness.
    Potentially 600 grain soft lead bullets at 1040~.

Kinda like getting hit by an elephant. With that much weight it don't have to be moving very fast to cause a whole shitload of hurt!
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Potentially 600 grain soft lead bullets at 1040~.

Kinda like getting hit by an elephant. With that much weight it don't have to be moving very fast to cause a whole shitload of hurt!
    That could be done in a break action, but that I don't think that would cycle through through lever gun. Or have you already done this?
    Weapon of Choice: Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator bolted to a crappy old T53 stock

Naw. The dang projectile is too long for a lever gun.

Last call, get your order in by 3pm Wednesday!
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

You know what would be a hoot?

H&R changes their mind about stopping production because of a HUGE surge in sales.

Graduate
    You know what would be a hoot?

H&R changes their mind about stopping production because of a HUGE surge in sales.

I was thinking that exact same thing a few minutes ago.