Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: H&R to no longer make single shot rifles/shotguns.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    Say again.
    My work computer's content filter will not allow me to view ordinance.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by Tack Driver View Post
    My computer's content filter at work will not allow me to view ordinance.
    Roger.

I can post a picture here for you, what do you want a picture of? This:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc_0770.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	4277
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

BTW, this is the 45/70 Buffalo Classic.

Name:	zoom_ultra_buffalo.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	4278
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    Roger.

I can post a picture here for you, what do you want a picture of? This:

Name:	dsc_0770.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	4277
    Thank you. I mean, I can't even get on a manufacturers website or anything.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Try going here first.

http://hideme.be/

This is sad news. The H&R single shot 300BLK rocks.

Mine shoots slow 230gr just as well as it shoots hyper-fast 110's.

And it's tiny!! It's like . . . Tack Driver size!
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Ike View Post
    Tack......wait till you see the 45-70. Safety guy refinished for me. Beautiful.
    It is even getting a 50mm leupold.

I was playing with it last weekend with the Lever evolution rounds.............awesome. I was holding kill shots at 200yds.

Rumbler.......will a break action handle a Rumbler round?
    years ago.....i was told that it would not
    If only.................

A modern break-action like the H&R? Yes, absolutely.

The 45-70? In modern ones do not exceed the lever gun loads.

Not because they will blow up, but because the pins used to hold the halves together will stretch over time using hot-as-it-gets loads.

Something about the 45-70 . . . . I shoot the 425 grain hunter's supply laser cast lead at 1400~ FPS in my guide gun. It could be taken to almost 1800FPS before reaching max. But you gotta look at the math . . or shoot a very stable steel silhouette at 200 yards.

I shot a full size torso silhouette, after looking at the math, sitting on a very stable base at 200 yards. It knocked the target and the stand over. 1400 FPS is plenty, unless you need to stop an M1 Abrams. Then 1500FPS might be needed.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbler View Post
    A modern break-action like the H&R? Yes, absolutely.

The 45-70? In modern ones do not exceed the lever gun loads.

Not because they will blow up, but because the pins used to hold the halves together will stretch over time using hot-as-it-gets loads.

Something about the 45-70 . . . . I shoot the 425 grain hunter's supply laser cast lead at 1400~ FPS in my guide gun. It could be taken to almost 1800FPS before reaching max. But you gotta look at the math . . or shoot a very stable steel silhouette at 200 yards.

I shot a full size torso silhouette, after looking at the math, sitting on a very stable base at 200 yards. It knocked the target and the stand over. 1400 FPS is plenty, unless you need to stop an M1 Abrams. Then 1500FPS might be needed.
    For the sake of Ike and myself, what kind of subsonic wickedness could we whip up?

FYI. DSH has a H&R AAC 300 blackout in the rack for $359 as of a couple minutes ago. Already threaded. Nice little gun.
    Weapon of Choice: Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator bolted to a crappy old T53 stock