Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  32
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Another Plate Buy

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. mike View Post
    Ive got a point blank vest thats rated for 9mm sub gun and lesser threats but I think I can put plates in it, wouldn't the kevlar stop the spalding if it hit a steel plate and how much weight does that add.
    How much weight does the line-x add? I can find out I don't know.

The kevlar should stop the fragments, however the one concern I have is the ones that travel 90 degrees to the plate, does the kevlar wrap over the edge. If so I would think you are golden.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

I would think so they have a curve to them so it should catch all the stray pieces even at 90degs, my only concern is your trading speed and mobility for armor that aint gonna help if you catch one in the face. Also that vest I have kinda sandwiches together with velcro and buttons in the front so how would you get a plate in there?

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. mike View Post
    I would think so they have a curve to them so it should catch all the stray pieces even at 90degs, my only concern is your trading speed and mobility for armor that aint gonna help if you catch one in the face. Also that vest I have kinda sandwiches together with velcro and buttons in the front so how would you get a plate in there?
    The curve is in the horizontal only. Imagine the fragments traveling vertically. If you have any kind of a gut, like I do, the plates get a bit of an angle right towards your adams apple area. Lots of really important stuff that is not protected.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    How much weight does the line-x add? I can find out I don't know.

The kevlar should stop the fragments, however the one concern I have is the ones that travel 90 degrees to the plate, does the kevlar wrap over the edge. If so I would think you are golden.
    Adds a thickness of .5” and adds ¾”lb or 1" and 1.5 lb for front and back plates.

http://www.ar500armor.com/line-x-pro...e-coating.html
    "If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies then every method of protecting ourselves is morally right" -- Cicero

"Governor, I haven't let another man touch my gun since 1861."

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBronco View Post
    Adds a thickness of .5” and adds ¾”lb or 1" and 1.5 lb for front and back plates.

http://www.ar500armor.com/line-x-pro...e-coating.html
    Thanks. I was on my phone and didn't want to look it up from the small screen.. Then forgot about it.