Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  185
Dislikes Dislikes:  4
Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Group Buy Ideas?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Group Buy Ideas?

If we did another group buy, what would you be interested in?

I'll let this run for a while, and then I will take a few of the suggestions and put up a poll.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

An affordable 22LR pistol. Browning, Ruger, 1911 something along those lines.
    You gonna bark all day little doggy or you gonna bite?

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFingergasm View Post
    An affordable 22LR pistol. Browning, Ruger, 1911 something along those lines.
    How about something like a Ruger SR22PS for $359 out the door?

http://www.ruger.com/products/sr22Pi...em%3D&sku=3604

When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post

http://www.ruger.com/products/sr22Pi...em%3D&sku=3604

What's the price difference between this and the standard SR22?

I personally have no need for the threaded barrel...
    Sent from an Altoids Tin via Morse Code

Quote Originally Posted by Tack Driver View Post
    Craw is right. You guys just can't keep up.

Not trying to be a lowballer or anything and I want y'all to make money but Trophy Creek in Monticello has the same thing for $357 OTD. Neither one of those prices seem like group buy savings. The Type 53's were a great value. Yes they required some fixin' up but how could anyone turn that down. Maybe the police trade-ins would fit that pattern better.
    You gonna bark all day little doggy or you gonna bite?

Graduate
    Not trying to be a lowballer or anything and I want y'all to make money but Trophy Creek in Monticello has the same thing for $357 OTD. Neither one of those prices seem like group buy savings. The Type 53's were a great value. Yes they required some fixin' up but how could anyone turn that down. Maybe the police trade-ins would fit that pattern better.
    You know, we still have a source to get $110 dollar Type 53's again. I was hesitant to post since I don't believe we could sell 15 to 20 of them though.

I realize that. I based that on a single unit price. If we had 10 folks go for it, we could probably get a decently lower prices from the distributor, and we would be willing to work with less markup. Its a lot less effort for us to distribute guns the way we did with the T53's than it is to have 1 appointment every day for the next 10 days.

Ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by surfer5 View Post
    Ammo.
    I can try, however as others will attest to, its very difficult to get a better deal on ammo as an FFL than you can find yourself using an engine like ammoseek.com or gunbot etc.. We would probably have to buy a billion rounds to beat the online prices.

I can try, however as others will attest to, its very difficult to get a better deal on ammo as an FFL than you can find yourself using an engine like ammoseek.com or gunbot etc.. We would probably have to buy a billion rounds to beat the online prices.
    Fair enough. Just the only thing I'm hurting for right now. So its all that came to mind.