Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: USPSA at Talon Range Saturday Sept. 6th

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Graduate
    Not going to make this one. I'm T-minus about two weeks until the arrival of little AB and there's still work to be done. It pains me to miss these, and I hope all you guys and gals shoot well and have a great time! Next time I see you out there I'll be a Dad. Weird to think of myself in those terms!

Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Not going to make this one. I'm T-minus about two weeks until the arrival of little AB and there's still work to be done. It pains me to miss these, and I hope all you guys and gals shoot well and have a great time! Next time I see you out there I'll be a Dad. Weird to think of myself in those terms!
    Good luck and congrats on the little one. They make you have to put a lot of fun on the back burner but it's worth it. Wouldn't change a thing about mine.
    When there is beer involved,we all win.
    Me

I felt you went over the line a bit,when you theoretically wanted to fornicate with a mythical child.
    Daniel Tosh

Graduate
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmoorewar View Post
    Good luck and congrats on the little one. They make you have to put a lot of fun on the back burner but it's worth it. Wouldn't change a thing about mine.
    I'm fortunate I have a LOT of support for my shooting on the home front, so I'm confident I won't have to stop or even slow down if I don't want to. My video game habit, though, might have to go! That being said, one of the most dedicated shooters I knew gave it up when his kid came. I asked him about it, and he simply said "I have more fun with my son than I ever did shooting." It gave me food for thought.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    I'm fortunate I have a LOT of support for my shooting on the home front, so I'm confident I won't have to stop or even slow down if I don't want to. My video game habit, though, might have to go! That being said, one of the most dedicated shooters I knew gave it up when his kid came. I asked him about it, and he simply said "I have more fun with my son than I ever did shooting." It gave me food for thought.
    I was never on level of some of you guys, but since the first came along about 16 months ago it has been VERY hard to justify much shooting. There is a two hour window after work that I get to see her during the week (assuming nothing else is going on w/ life or the other job or consulting) and that leaves weekends to get all the normal admin stuff I used to do during the week. So once the shopping and yardwork and other crap is done I have to choose between an afternoon with the kid or on the range. Pretty hard to pick the range over your kid.

One thing Ab- SLEEP NOW! seriously, get off the computer and go take a nap... check that, take two. Every single chance you get before the kid comes along sleep. I've burned it at both ends most of my life, but I have never known sleep deprivation like I did the two months after my daughter was born.