Signal 0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Halloween match

Halloween match

Info was emailed out figured I would post it here also...

Halloween Match! It's back!! Halloween night, Saturday October 31st, Talon will hold a night match on the competition bays. After learning from last year (when we didn't get out of there until after midnight), we are going to start a half hour earlier, and only plan on 3 stages instead of 4. This should allow everyone to more easily shoot the match, and get done at a reasonable time. It will be run just like last year--it will be a 2-gun match (and we will roughly use 3-gun rules), carbine (or pistol cal. carbine) and handgun. This year, however, I'm going to add an option gun. If you have a shotgun that you want to run, I will have one stage where the pistol targets will all be steel, and you can use either the handgun OR shotgun on that stage--shooters choice. As in previous years, there will be no drawing of handguns from the holster, or need for a holster at all. You will start with the handgun at low ready, or it will be staged, so no light-bearing holsters are necessary.

I'll send out a match announcement next week when I get a better idea of exactly when it will be dark, so I know what the start time will be, but I suspect we'll do the match briefing around 7.

This is a seriously fun event, Folks. They come up with some really creative targets.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

It was a blast last year. A little cool, and loading mags in the dark is interesting. But most of the C4 guys know that already.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

The bays, and the range in general is well lit now. The guys busted their humps doing all the wiring and light hanging.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Supporting Member
    Really cool event, but it's gonna be hard with small children.

Quote Originally Posted by Frady View Post
    Really cool event, but they've essentially excluded anyone with young children.
    Yeah the timing kinda sucks. I'm still going to try and make it.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Supporting Member
    Edited my post because I immediately realized they didn't really have other alternatives for that weekend.

Bump

Graduate
    I'll be tied up with the trick or treaters.

Very good match!