Likes Likes:  28
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok, I am seriously needing a 3 gun fix.

Shot the Atlanta tac rifle match today. About the most fun you can have with your pants on! 210 rounds of pure fun.

Must be nice to ride all over creation and shoot these matches, and not look like you just fell off a turnip truck!

I switched to HD rabbit ears on the TV in '08. That's 7 years with no cable bill. At $68 per month, that's almost $6,000 cash money take home pay that I have to spend on the matches.
    .....there are no mistakes in life, only lessons.....
    .....don't be upset by results you didn't get, from practice you didn't do.....

Quote Originally Posted by easternrider View Post
    I switched to HD rabbit ears on the TV in '08. That's 7 years with no cable bill. At $68 per month, that's almost $6,000 cash money take home pay that I have to spend on the matches.
    It boils down to priorities. I hear people poor mouthing me on a daily basis about prices. 90% of them are driving $50k plus cars, have designer clothes or I see at Publix buying scratch offs in bulk. The most recent example is a guy with gold teeth driving the newest Dodge muscle car with tricked out rims and tires, bragging about paying $3k for a PitBull all the while bitching about my prices. He wanted me to fix his dogs skin condition (demodex mites, secondary bacterial skin infection and bilateral ear infection before the big PitBull dog show in Atlanta in 2 months. My receptionist leaned over the counter and made a comment to him "I can't believe you are complaining of prices driving that car". I actually almost LOLed when I heard it. The comment totally went over his head because he didn't react to it.

Point being that people will spend money on things they want to and bitch about everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by simmoag View Post
    Point being that people will spend money on things they want to and bitch about everything else.
    True. Sometimes its hard for us humans to see Value through the Price.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Sunday is run and gun 3gunning at Dothan Gun Club. 4 stages in large bays with lotsa walls and ports and a stage car. Long range stage at the end of the jungle run. Targets out to 285 yards last month.
    .....there are no mistakes in life, only lessons.....
    .....don't be upset by results you didn't get, from practice you didn't do.....

Hi all, It's time! This Sunday Oct. 25th… 3 Gun, at Dothan Gun Club. five stages, including the infamous natural terrain range with shots out to 340! Round count is 78 rifle, 53 pistol and 54 shotgun. Registration is from 8am until 8:45, shooters meeting at 9am, please be on time. Cost is $20 for members and $25 for non members and free to watch. Come on out and test your skills.
    See you at the range.

Anyone planning on shooting big guns at the Talon 3gun match coming up? I've asked John about using 3gun nation Heavy Sport rules. 1 hit anywhere on paper and big mags for the guns. Anyone have any concerns on shooting 1/2 the ammunution?

I was hoping there would have been a few heavy gunners at the Talon match. The only other heavy didn't want his guns to get wet, got back in his truck and left.
    Long range was a little grusome - 8" bare plate at 300 and bare 10" at 350 and 400 - and in the showdows in midafternoon. My red dot was not pleasant at all. Anyone use a big scope?

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by easternrider View Post
    I was hoping there would have been a few heavy gunners at the Talon match. The only other heavy didn't want his guns to get wet, got back in his truck and left.
    Long range was a little grusome - 8" bare plate at 300 and bare 10" at 350 and 400 - and in the showdows in midafternoon. My red dot was not pleasant at all. Anyone use a big scope?
    While not a "big scope", I did it with my Trijicon VCOG @ x6. Since I hadn't shot it at more than 200 prior to the match, except for a lucky hit @ 350, that's all I got. Beyond 200 I only took two shots at each target. Any more and I was just wasting ammo and burning more time than would have been added for a miss. Couldn't tell where they were going and I already knew that my rifle/ammo combo was going to be inconsistent beyond 200. It was an interesting stage. We had one in our group that got some good long-range hits but I don't know what he was using. I assume the majority of folks had issues since the final scores didn't include that stage.