Signal 0
Likes Likes:  67
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what has happened to all nthe pin shooters

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Hey dish doc are you saying because you are limited to 6 rounds that you feel that you can not compete,how many rounds do you need?practice and you will not need more.
    No I'm saying I find running a weapon that holds 13 .45 rounds and only loading it to hold 6 does not jive with how I carry it. If you want to run a weapon that only holds 6, more power to you. But I bought a weapon with a higher capacity. Making everyone drop down to someone else's choice to carry a limited capacity weapon is the issue. If you run a gun that holds 6 you should train to become proficient enough to run it as well as the guy with a higher capacity.
    Yo Tony, Do me a kindness. - Winnebago Man

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

"We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we're going to rip out their living goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun cocksuckers by the bushel-fucking-basket. War is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours." - George S. Patton

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    I do carry my n1911 with more rounds than 6.I only load 6 for the match .I do not have a problem with 6 rounds in the mag for the match.I have 10 round mags for my 1911s.Whats the deal????????
    (nam era) yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

Sigh...

"We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we're going to rip out their living goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun cocksuckers by the bushel-fucking-basket. War is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours." - George S. Patton

Dish think about it this way. When you go to a turkey shoot, do you have to go to the line with 5 shells in your shotgun?

Games are different than hunting or self defense.

CCGF Diplomatic Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattle/Horses View Post
    Dish think about it this way. When you go to a turkey shoot, do you have to go to the line with 5 shells in your shotgun?

Now that makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattle/Horses View Post
    http://youtu.be/nRd5oucG114
    You are correct sir, that is why I now run C4 and not pins. And I enjoyed the heck out of shooting pins. But I can do that here. The thing that C4 offers me that I cannot replicate here is the ability to shoot at multiple targets in 180 degrees.

Gotcha, different games for different folks. I loved sporting clays, didn't care much for trap or skeet.

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    I get it dish doc you have now become a wantbe,been there done that shit for real,do not have the desire to redo 4yrs worth.
    (nam era) yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

I thoroughly enjoy the Pin Shoots. There is a great group of guys and it really is a challenge. The deal breaker for me is when Shelby's lesson got moved to Thursday evening and it was no way I could make it.
    Let us skip the other lies, for brevity’s sake. To consider them would prove nothing, except that man is what he is—loving toward his own, lovable, to his own,—his family, his friends—and otherwise the buzzing, busy trivial, enemy of his race—who tarries his little day, does his little dirt, commends himself to God, and then goes out into the darkness, to re-turn no more, and send no messages back—selfish even in death.
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I get it dish doc you have now become a wantbe,been there done that shit for real,do not have the desire to redo 4yrs worth.
    Not sure I understand sir? I love all kinds of shooting. However my ammo budget and time sadly are limited to pursue it. I can and do shoot trick stuff all the time around here with my neighbors. But what I can do at C4 I cannot replicate here. So that is where I spend the limited time and ammo I can afford to burn. It's not personal nor is it that I did not enjoy shooting with you guys and I enjoyed the course, it's just a matter of time and ammo budget.