Tallahassee Indoor Shooting Range
Likes Likes:  20
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Talon Bowling Pins

Junior

Talon Bowling Pins

Alright folks, we need more participation or it won't be worth it for Talon to keep putting gas in the tractor to move the tables around for just 4 or 5 of us. I've said it before; it's loads of fun and not a heavy lift. Back to basics: sight alignment & trigger control. With a big bore shooter! No, it ain't tactikool runnin' & jumpin' & plate carriers & battle belts. It's still a lot of cheap fun. Box 'o bullets of your choice from Talon to the winner. Winner-take-all cash for the "fun" shoot afterwards. More participation, more opportunities for others to win, bigger pot. Thursday's, 7pm. Come out!

"big bore shooter" I remember talk of a 9mm being a "no go" for shooting pins. Would a .40 be handicapped against those shooting .45? Putting together a pistol for events such as this might be a reason to add to my stable, but a caliber handicap out of the gate would piss me off to no end. Anyone here do pin shoot-outs with good results with a .40? Maybe just using a heavier factory load as I don't reload?

Several folks, myself included, have shot the pins with .40 bullets. In the form of 10MM.

Biggest problem I think any of us have had is putting bullets through the pins.

I believe that 'heavy as you can get' ordinary lead cast bullets could well fix that.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Safety Guy View Post
    Putting together a pistol for events such as this might be a reason to add to my stable,
    Have I got a deal for you...

Quote Originally Posted by polebarn View Post
    Have I got a deal for you...
    The smiley face makes me think I have to wait till that money tree I planted starts producing.

Well you do get what you pay for.

Unless dealing with Hillbilly!

Quote Originally Posted by Cattle/Horses View Post
    Unless dealing with Hillbilly!
    not true, you get valuable life lessons...

some of us unfortunate folks got our money's worth.
    You paid for a roof. Did you get a roof?
    Last edited by Tack Driver; November 27th, 2017 at 09:23 PM.

Graduate
    how much did you actually lose on the roof deal? Not every thing he got you for just the roof.
    Last edited by Tack Driver; November 27th, 2017 at 09:23 PM.
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety Guy View Post
    "big bore shooter" I remember talk of a 9mm being a "no go" for shooting pins. Would a .40 be handicapped against those shooting .45? Putting together a pistol for events such as this might be a reason to add to my stable, but a caliber handicap out of the gate would piss me off to no end. Anyone here do pin shoot-outs with good results with a .40? Maybe just using a heavier factory load as I don't reload?
    I shot the match with a .40 once back when we first started. I wasn't particularly good at the time, but I don't remember the round failing me. Unlike 9mm which was utterly useless at clearing pins off the table in a sIngle hit. YMMV