Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bowling pins match

Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddy34 View Post
    Oh....

I see now.

You were miss-quoting a movie. Got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddy34 View Post
    Negative.

He did however miss-quote The Voice from Field of Dreams.
    Fruck. Rep'd.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

OK. The field is built.

Looking forward to seeing you, Tack.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

I had to go to Panama City for work today. The drive back eastbound for close to 100 round trip miles didn't add up for me.
    Yo Tony, Do me a kindness. - Winnebago Man

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

"We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we're going to rip out their living goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun cocksuckers by the bushel-fucking-basket. War is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours." - George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by thedishdoc View Post
    I had to go to Panama City for work today. The drive back eastbound for close to 100 round trip miles didn't add up for me.

It is OK Doc. Tack wimped out too.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

No wimp here brother. I got home and mounted the new scope on the target .22. Getting it dialed in at 200 is on the roster. Me and the neighbor cut cards at 50 with .22 rifles. Moved to 100 and couldn't do it.

"We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we're going to rip out their living goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun cocksuckers by the bushel-fucking-basket. War is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours." - George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbler View Post
    It is OK Doc. Tack wimped out too.
    Yeah, that didn't happen.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

No wimp here brother. I got home and mounted the new scope on the target .22. Getting it dialed in at 200 is on the roster. Me and the neighbor cut cards at 50 with .22 rifles. Moved to 100 and couldn't do it.
    FWIW Doc, I had to do a 20MOA mount on my Savage to get enough elevation to not be at the top end of the adjustment on my optic at 200. That is a 1" tube. If yours is 30MM you may fare better . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Tack Driver View Post
    Yeah, that didn't happen.
    So much for "if you build it they will come". See if I ever believe anything else you ever say. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Tack Driver View Post
    "If you build it, they will come" doesn't work in this situation?
    So much for "if you build it they will come". See if I ever believe anything else you ever say. Ever.

"They" is the key word here.

Bushnell Elite Tactical Scope

FWIW Doc, I had to do a 20MOA mount on my Savage to get enough elevation to not be at the top end of the adjustment on my optic at 200. That is a 1" tube. If yours is 30MM you may fare better . . . So much for "if you build it they will come". See if I ever believe anything else you ever say. Ever.

Mine is 1". Rings I got didn't fit factory Ruger mount. The rifle had a shitty smaller factory rail installed that used some smaller "rimfire style rings". I didn't like the rings. They were "Phillips" head and single fastener per side. Fortunately I dug around in the toolbox and found a picatinny type rail. It was silver but a quick application of matte black cured it. I like the scope. Got sighted it in at 50 and my neighbor came around when he heard me shooting getting it dialed in. That lead to trying cards at 50. We had already done it at 25 some months back. It was windy but I managed to full split 1 and graze 2. We then backed up to 100 yards and tried splitting cards. No joy. We both scared one card so bad they jumped off of the barrel but there were no bullet graze marks on the cards. It was getting darker, the wind had picked up, and that is a damn hard shot but I'll try it again and maybe make it one day. One a side note, I'll be getting that baby sighted in for 200 soon and look forward to trying pin tops at 200 with ya again.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Graduate
    Mine is 1". Rings I got didn't fit factory Ruger mount. The rifle had a shitty smaller factory rail installed that used some smaller "rimfire style rings". I didn't like the rings. They were "Phillips" head and single fastener per side. Fortunately I dug around in the toolbox and found a picatinny type rail. It was silver but a quick application of matte black cured it. I like the scope. Got sighted it in at 50 and my neighbor came around when he heard me shooting getting it dialed in. That lead to trying cards at 50. We had already done it at 25 some months back. It was windy but I managed to full split 1 and graze 2. We then backed up to 100 yards and tried splitting cards. No joy. We both scared one card so bad they jumped off of the barrel but there were no bullet graze marks on the cards. It was getting darker, the wind had picked up, and that is a damn hard shot but I'll try it again and maybe make it one day. One a side note, I'll be getting that baby sighted in for 200 soon and look forward to trying pin tops at 200 with ya again.
    Damn ! Dish why do you and the tribe have to keep fucking up my cards? What's up with that?
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .