Signal 0
Likes Likes:  22
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It is Bronze

It is Bronze

My daughter competed in the 2014 USA Shooting National Jr Olympic Championship this week in International Bunker (think trap on steroids). She won the Florida women's J.O. International Bunker Qualifier in Gainesville. As the State Women's champion, it qualified her to shoot in the National Event at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs. She finished today, and is bringing home the Bronze Medal for her age group. She shot very well and we are quite proud of her since she has only been shooting International Bunker since January.

At a time when guns and shooting sports are getting a bad rap, even in Tallahassee, we are proud to announce that Abby will be bringing a national bronze medal back to Tallahassee
    Sometimes you meet someone, and you know from that very first moment, You want to spend the rest of your life without them

That's badass!
    You gonna bark all day little doggy or you gonna bite?

Congratulations man!

Great child rearing.

Excellent!!!!

And while I am at it . . . .

I want you all to know that you can physically assist this exceptional young lady by stopping in to the Talon Pro Shop and buying some raffle tickets. Her Paw-Paw has graciously provided a couple of bricks of match grade .22LR that will go to the lucky ticket holder who's number is drawn.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Junior
    Congratulations to Abby. I certainly hope someone is alerting the local media (for whatever that may be worth) on the off-chance that an article or TV news segment might be put out.

BTW, how old is she?

She is 13. Next up is the Team USA National Championships in August. This is open to shooters of all ages who want to compete for team USA at the World Cup Match level and to work toward a spot on Team USA for the 2016 Olympics in Rio. Buy those raffle tickets!
    Sometimes you meet someone, and you know from that very first moment, You want to spend the rest of your life without them

Awesome !!
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbler View Post
    Excellent!!!!

And while I am at it . . . .

I want you all to know that you can physically assist this exceptional young lady by stopping in to the Talon Pro Shop and buying some raffle tickets. Her Paw-Paw has graciously provided a couple of bricks of match grade .22LR that will go to the lucky ticket holder who's number is drawn.
    Thank you Rumbler ! I didnt know, i'm sure most of us would participate.
    Let us skip the other lies, for brevity’s sake. To consider them would prove nothing, except that man is what he is—loving toward his own, lovable, to his own,—his family, his friends—and otherwise the buzzing, busy trivial, enemy of his race—who tarries his little day, does his little dirt, commends himself to God, and then goes out into the darkness, to re-turn no more, and send no messages back—selfish even in death.
    Mark Twain

Awesome!

Proverbs 22:6