Signal 0
Likes Likes:  36
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bowling Pin side match

Junior

Bowling Pin side match

The other thread seems to be veering off into other directions so I thought I would offer up a possibility for the "fun" match after the standard pin match. I have a rimfire dueling tree http://store.actiontarget.com/rimfire-dueling-tree.html and a rifle-grade dueling tree http://store.actiontarget.com/pt-due...eavy-duty.html . I had the rimfire out at Talon last week and the paddles will turn at 100 yards shooting subsonic out of a rifle. The rifle-grade will turn on just about any center fire round at least out to 300 yards. It needs to be at least 75 yards away to keep the paddles from cratering. Obviously, no steel core rounds. I can bring either one out to play with. There are several ways to compete using the trees:
    Unlimited round count, time limit on firing, i.e., 15, 20, 30 seconds, whatever. Side with the least number of paddles showing @ the time limit wins.
    Limited round count, i.e., 10, 30, two 10 round mags, whatever; no time limit. Same result.
    Unlimited round count, no time limit, shoot until someone clears their side first.
    And other variations are possible including one shooter at a time, for fastest time to do whatever, i.e., turn all paddles once, twice, etc.
    I throw this out there only as a possibility. I've been having fun doing whatever they throw at us when I can get out there.

That's real nice of you.
    You gonna bark all day little doggy or you gonna bite?

Awesome! I'm in for whatever you guys want!
    Yo Tony, Do me a kindness. - Winnebago Man

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

"We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we're going to rip out their living goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun cocksuckers by the bushel-fucking-basket. War is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours." - George S. Patton

If you bring both two shooters can compete against each other in real time.
    Yo Tony, Do me a kindness. - Winnebago Man

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

"We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we're going to rip out their living goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun cocksuckers by the bushel-fucking-basket. War is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours." - George S. Patton

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by thedishdoc View Post
    If you bring both two shooters can compete against each other in real time.
    That's how it works with just one tree. You put half of the paddles on one side, half on the other. Each shooter is trying to turn his paddles to the other side. At the same time. That's why it's called a "dueling" tree.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg8SgVISP8g

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    That's how it works with just one tree. You put half of the paddles on one side, half on the other. Each shooter is trying to turn his paddles to the other side. At the same time. That's why it's called a "dueling" tree.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg8SgVISP8g
    Great example of dueling tree, awlful example of gun safety. Muzzle sweep much?
    Never Forget those who died for our freedom!

The two shooters stand side by side with the target down range.

If you would come shoot with the big boys instead of spending your time playing gun games you would know that.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonesurvivor23 View Post
    Great example of dueling tree, awlful example of gun safety. Muzzle sweep much?
    Huh? Two shooters shooting at targets in front of them, what muzzle sweep?
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Junior
    I understand what LS23 is saying. Big Daddy Hoffman gets a little exuberant after winning the first duel by waving his gun around a bit. BUT, to bring this back on topic, I'll bring the rimfire version this Thursday (assuming I can make it this week). Rumbler could go ahead with whatever he has in mind for this week's side match and we could do an Olympic-style "demonstration sport" as a side-side match. Bring pistols and/or rifles. 22's only please. According to Action Target, .17 velocities are too high. Unless you want to shoot it at 200 yards. Then we'll talk.
    Last edited by Ken; June 30th, 2014 at 04:44 PM.

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    What are we going to shoot for the fun match,rimfire rifles,handguns wrist rockets??????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????
    (nam era) yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in the valley!