Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  36
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bowling Pin side match

It was fun, although I couldn't shoot ken's gun for shit. Too bad the tree can't take .17HMR. one day we need to get the centerfire one out and do that at 100
    I will always place the mission first. I will never accept defeat. I will never quit. I will never leave a fallen comrade. Excerpt from the Soldier's Creed

It was fun shooting with you guys like always.
    Yo Tony, Do me a kindness. - Winnebago Man

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

"We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we're going to rip out their living goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun cocksuckers by the bushel-fucking-basket. War is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours." - George S. Patton

So, What we doing this week? Centerfire dueling tree? 100 yard rimfire tree? Throw out some ideas!
    I will always place the mission first. I will never accept defeat. I will never quit. I will never leave a fallen comrade. Excerpt from the Soldier's Creed

Sadly I will not be able to make this weeks shoot. My youngest turns 16 on Thursday and we are having a thing for her followed by a meal at a nice restaurant. I cant miss that for the shoot guys. Sorry. I'll be back next week for the fun and humiliation and hopefully I will have the "light LEM trigger" springs installed in the H&K along with the extended mag release. Hopefully that will help me hit a few pins lol.

"We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we're going to rip out their living goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun cocksuckers by the bushel-fucking-basket. War is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours." - George S. Patton

Dang. I am glad you brought this up, Mike.

I'm sure you all noticed that we had two new shooters last week. They had no idea that the side matches were discussed and agreed upon (mostly agreed upon) on this forum.

That brought me to the realization that we:

Talon needs to advertise this dagun league better too!
    Need to sort out what kind of side match will happen well before the actual event so that notice (in non-forum venues) can be made in a timely manner.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled program . . . .

Personally I really enjoyed the 200 yard pin tops. I was disappointed that only Doc and I shot the match. With that said . . . I fully understand that a significant number of "our" shooters for whatever reason would not find participation in that feasible . . . . much less actual fun. So I won't suggest it again.

So . . one thing we have yet to do . . . steel was obviously popular. Everyone shoots centerfire handgun, everyone shoots quickly . . . . so how about a good old fashioned timed "gunfight" in the form of six head plates, whoever gets them all down in the least amount of time wins?

Same "no more than six" in the magazines to keep the field level. Distance is . . . . 15 - 20 yards . . . whatever, as long as it is not closer than fifteen.

As we only have one headplate rack, only one shooter at a time can run. But the rack has a 'remote reset' that only takes a second to reset the plates. And I am reasonably sure I can borrow a shot timer.

This is just a thought - throwing this out there. Other ideas are more than welcome, they are encouraged!
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Graduate
    Sounds good . Could we have 3 red and 3 blue and have two shooters at the same time like pins but at 20 or 25 or even 50 yards ? One magazine 6 rounds only .
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

I like that Rumbler. One vote yes.
    You gonna bark all day little doggy or you gonna bite?

Sounds good to me, I like the red and blue idea too

Quote Originally Posted by FLT View Post
    Sounds good . Could we have 3 red and 3 blue and have two shooters at the same time like pins but at 20 or 25 or even 50 yards ? One magazine 6 rounds only .

You sure are an evil minded old fart.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbler View Post
    Dang. I am glad you brought this up, Mike.

I'm sure you all noticed that we had two new shooters last week. They had no idea that the side matches were discussed and agreed upon (mostly agreed upon) on this forum.

That brought me to the realization that we:

Talon needs to advertise this dagun league better too!
    Need to sort out what kind of side match will happen well before the actual event so that notice (in non-forum venues) can be made in a timely manner.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled program . . . .

Personally I really enjoyed the 200 yard pin tops. I was disappointed that only Doc and I shot the match. With that said . . . I fully understand that a significant number of "our" shooters for whatever reason would not find participation in that feasible . . . . much less actual fun. So I won't suggest it again.

So . . one thing we have yet to do . . . steel was obviously popular. Everyone shoots centerfire handgun, everyone shoots quickly . . . . so how about a good old fashioned timed "gunfight" in the form of six head plates, whoever gets them all down in the least amount of time wins?

Same "no more than six" in the magazines to keep the field level. Distance is . . . . 15 - 20 yards . . . whatever, as long as it is not closer than fifteen.

As we only have one headplate rack, only one shooter at a time can run. But the rack has a 'remote reset' that only takes a second to reset the plates. And I am reasonably sure I can borrow a shot timer.

This is just a thought - throwing this out there. Other ideas are more than welcome, they are encouraged!
    Great ideas Mike. I really dug the 200 yard shoot and want to come back with the target 10/22 once I've got the new optic on it and we can do it again amongst ourselves. I hate to miss this one but cant miss my youngest girl's 16th either. I shot at your resettable rack (lol) with my .357 the day my neighbor came out and it looked like a fun target to shoot against others.