Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3-Gun at Talon Range

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    Coolio. Thanks.
    You're not allowed to participate until you apologize for saying "coolio"
    You gonna bark all day little doggy or you gonna bite?

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFingergasm View Post
    Sorry.

Not really.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Quote Originally Posted by razzman1 View Post
    It won't be ideal, but a Shield would work. How many magazines do you have?

3-gun is a gun game, and there are a few things that will help you be more competitive (or simply get through the match easier). Having a longer sight radius and larger magazine will help. Something like a G17, Beretta 92, Sig226 etc, would serve perfectly for a 3-gun match.
    Thanks Razz ,

Maybe ill grab a G17L or something like that. All I need is an 870 and I should be gtg right ?

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFingergasm View Post
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rNo41ZBVGbg

I know I prob won't do to well my first match but hey gotta start somewhere right

Graduate
    See you guys there today - I'm a newbie at 3-Gun so I'll be in learning mode.

This is the right attitude to have. If you wait until you are 'good enough' or until you have 'the right gear,' you'll never get out there. 3-gun is all about having a good time. Call it training, call it a day at the range, call it whatever you want, but it's about having fun. If all you have is your home defense 870, drawing loose rounds out of a trap / skeet carrier, a basic carbine and a simple 9mm handgun, you're set. Come out and have a good time, see what kind of stuff everyone else uses, and you'll learn a lot.

Don't hesitate to e-mail me if you are short on equipment, or not sure if you 'belong' out there--we all had to start somewhere, and I'll help you in any way I can.

Quote Originally Posted by RudySightsOnWheels View Post
    I know I prob won't do to well my first match but hey gotta start somewhere right

Graduate
    John, thanks for the informative hour today. It was great. Looking forward to next weekend.

So the round count is still around 80 for all three guns, and figure double the 80 for handgun and rifle, correct?
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    So the round count is still around 80 for all three guns, and figure double the 80 for handgun and rifle, correct?
    What?
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater