Tallahassee Indoor Shooting Range
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: just bought a Cheytec 308, excited but need help.

CCGF Driving Instructor TargetShooting's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddy34 View Post
    I really can't believe no one has offered a "course correction" on this yet...

Man listen, I $6000+ rifle is awesome. I'm jealous. And I'm sure everyone at the range is gonna ogle your new toy....

But are you fucking serious???

You do realize that one day you may need to use that rifle (or one of your 4 "nice" handguns) in a situation that's not so fun don't you?
    Hunting for food, defending your homestead, killing zombies.... whatever.

Dude, a LOT else matters. And I'm surprised that some of those on here that know that first hand haven't stepped in yet.

You should really re-evaluate your stance on this, OR re-evaluate your membership here.

Shooting is a fun sport. Having fun and challenging yourself to put all 14 rounds in the X, IMHO, is a great thing. But to believe that there is NOTHING more to it is rather naive....
    Man, I am sure you know I've been getting much better in shooting'n guns in a short period right, particularly after taking classes. Oh well I didn't mean gun is ONLY for fun, but it's my starting point objective - treating it as a hobby and a sport hence my handle on the forum is "targetshooting".

Relax a bit. From now on you can just think of me a new gun owner with a lot of time to kill around the range. How about coming out for the "chilli cook off" thingy next month? I've been head-to-heading with people online on different hobbies sites but after I met them we weren't arguing (serious argument) anymore.

If you do come, we shooting for ammo - loser pays for it

Hunting for food, defending your homestead, killing zombies.... whatever.
    OK, looks like I need a shotgun. What can you suggest for a shotgun fits for home-defense and skeet/clay shooting?

Except Tack's momma isn't coming this time...
    Your's is always cumming.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by TargetShooting View Post
    ...How about coming out for the "chilli cook off" thingy next month? I've been head-to-heading with people online on different hobbies sites but after I met them we weren't arguing (serious argument) anymore.

If you do come, we shooting for ammo - loser pays for it
    Just read another thread and it IS your event...Duh!

Anyway, can I come partake the soup?
    Last edited by TargetShooting; October 18th, 2013 at 10:51 PM. Reason: endlessly fixing typo: it -> is

Just read another thread and it IT your event...Duh!

Anyway, can I come partake the soup?
    Every member of CCGF is welcome.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

OK, looks like I need a shotgun. What can you suggest for a shotgun fits for home-defense and skeet/clay shooting?
    I have a nice little Snake Charmer .410.....
    The problems we face will not be solved by those that created them.

I have #6 turkey shot, it'll make that .410 a great little home defense gun

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

Nova Scotia or downtown Tallahassee, one or the other...
    I think I understand, NOW, why Kevin's exists.

I like $100 rifles. I like $50 rifles even better.

I've got a $35 rifle that was last rebuilt over 60 years ago, and shoots 2 moa 5-shot groups at 100 yards with iron sights. It's a Turk clone of a Mauser Gewehr 98 so it's long and heavy and kicks like a mule, but 8mm will sure do the job; and the ammo for it cost me 5 cents per round.

Admittedly I hit the market on that one just right a few years back. Pat Burns had a fire sale when the feds took her license and Wholesale Guns and Ammo went under due to technical issues over what constitutes importing a full auto weapon. The average Turk seems to be running about $400 these days... and the ammo at that price is long gone, including most of mine.

Lemme see now: I like math. $6500 divided by $35 = 185.71 That's a bunch of rifles. I doubt that any of them will shoot a dust speck off of a gnat's behind at 1,000 meters... but, hell... neither can I, and it's plenty of fun not to try to.
    "Living life in fear isn't living life at all." ~ Winter Soldier