Signal 0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please Consider This Book

The problems we face will not be solved by those that created them.

Pages 18 and 19 are directly lifted from Selcos extensive post on survivalistboards. His thread there has since been removed by Kev on that forum. The exert of the book I have show ***Break in Book** so I don't know if the author credited Selco but I recoginize the material and Selcos thread was one of the best first hand experiences of TSHTF I've ever read. He does have his own website now but the extensive thread from Survivalistboards is sadly gone.

http://shtfschool.com/community/selco-one-year-in-hell/

This does bring up a question I've had lingering in the back of my mind. A survival library. Has anyone seen any references to good book choices? Obviously some would depend on the size of the event, for example books on first aid and such would be needed for a simple hurricane, but long term food issues would not be as important.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

I have quite an extensive library of REAL books not Kindle crap. I recommend where there is no doctor, where there is no dentist, FM-2176 Survival Manual, Ditch Medicine, A book for Midwives, FM5-103 Survivalibility, The special forces medic handbook, FM3-06 Urban Combat, LDS prepardness manual (thats a good one), Ranger medic handbook, Sanitation and Cleanliness for a healthy environment by Jeff Conant, Survival and Austire medicine. These are a few I can think of off the top of my head. I printed them all out and bound them. They are all free downloads in .pdf format.

http://hesperian.org/books-and-resources/

http://www.ldsavow.com/

http://lightfootmilitia.com/files/Ra...c_Handbook.pdf

You can google the rest.

Triad
    These books mentioned are all exceptional, and I have no doubt A Failure of Civility is equally important. I'll add my two cents and recommend SurvivalBlog.com as a great source for these and more.
    Last edited by Triad; November 16th, 2013 at 03:05 PM.

I really think a prep or survival type subfourm would be a great idea.

And I bought this as an ebook, its quite a good read.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

As this was brought up during the Bag and Tag I thought I would wake up this dead thread.

I have the e-Book if someone wants to borrow it. I will not read it until to you return it. My hope is that it will encourage you to get the paper edition which is SHTF compliant.

Also, as eluded to by Jafar during the Bag and Tag. This book is not a worst case scenario. Most of this is preparation for a very bad day, but not entirely applicable if "thems" are at war with not-thems.