Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  28
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Arbor Press

Quote Originally Posted by Bodo View Post
    I didn't know you were French.
    Non, je suis American. Je parle une bonne quantite de francais bien.

If you can speak enough to get drunk and laid you're fluent.

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

Quote Originally Posted by 0utlaw View Post
    If you can speak enough to get drunk and laid you're fluent.
    Our French teacher was smoking, so I took 4 years.

Graduate
    If you cut the chamber you can control the dimensions, no doubt.
    Then if you load for it you fit it to the chamber, if that means turning necks, so be it.

If it means inside reaming to get the right neck thickness, so be it.

But I'm guessing that someone who has a custom cut chamber that requires a specified neck thickness
    Probabally isn't using a set of lee dies and dragging a expander ball through the neck of the brass of mixed headstamps
    Like some of us do.

Our tolerances are more in our chambers in commercially bought rifles, so we don't have to turn/ream necks to get them to fit.
    Not saying we could not get benefit from doing some of this, but how much benefit is the real question.

When the size die shrinks the neck when the case is fully supported in it, the neck should be true ( more so if it is turned)
    But when there is no support around the neck, when the case comes out of the sizing die, can you be certain that when the expander ball gets pulled through the neck that it does not introduce any error?
    When seating a bullet, if the neck has runout error in it even the best seating die won't fix it.

But with guages we should know what part of the process introduces the error and work to minimize it, whether turning necks, using bushing dies, body dies, collet dies, or floating bullet seaters.

Nova Scotia or downtown Tallahassee, one or the other...
    I've never shot a platypus but they are so oogly I probably would.

I did eat a monkey's hand once, but that wuz in Panama and what happens in Panama stays in Panama. It wuz boiled, and the cook didn't really salt it enough... but "it tasted just like chicken".

Oh, ME-PLAT. I've never been the same since I discovered a meplat can be put on a round nosed bullet.

But you folks sure are a gnat on a flea's arse bunch of shooters, aren't you? I'll settle for shooting the water buffalo the flea is riding on. Hummm. I did shoot AT a water buffalo once, but have no idea whether or not I hit it. It's copper bell was going THUNK................... THUNK................. THUNK somewhere off in the night, and "night vision" hadn't really quite been invented yet, unless you count starlight scopes, and I don't. 'Specially on those bottom of a well with a lid on it kind of dark nights like that one was. But after a couple of rounds of HE in the general direction, that bell sure sped up a whole bunch.... thunk thunk thunk thunk... getting fainter till it faded away.

Shot at a boat once too. Missed IT too. I had no idea that a junk could come about and haul ass so damn fast.

My point is... sometimes it's just the thought... or the shot... that matters... not hitting whatever.
    "Living life in fear isn't living life at all." ~ Winter Soldier

Name:  creepy.gif
Views: 87
Size:  1.83 MB

Graduate
    10% off coupon FBOOK10

http://www.21stcenturyshooting.com

This was interesting as well, see post #4 and the diffrences between a case guage and one cut with a chamber reamer. They are not all created equal.
    http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=569377
    Last edited by mapper; November 22nd, 2015 at 12:02 AM.