Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chronograph brand/model recommendations/warnings?

CCGF Driving Instructor TargetShooting's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumbler View Post
    David, Arclight does that at 600 yards with iron sights.

He is not a normal human.
    I plan to go to their next gathering shooting 300 yard first.

Sophomore
    Rumbler - I wish I could do that. That is on the level of David Tubb and Carl Bernosky. That group size at 300 yards in Highpower is a common occurance for the big boys. TargetShooting - Everything that Bob and Rumbler have shown you have given you all basic elements (physical and mental) of precision shooting. Now you just have to fine tune it. I can tell you it is easy to type this but not so easy to do. You can increase your learning curve by dry firing at home. One of the top F-Class shooters dry fires a couple of nights a week in the dark just to work on trigger pull. Precision shooting is a highly mental game. Don't let a less than great shooting session get to you, there is always something to from that session, if only what not to do.We would be glad to see you at a match (3X300 1/12/14). Bring 66 rounds and your rifle. There is no match fee for first time shooters. I run the match so I am flexible with how the match is run when there are new shooters.

CCGF Driving Instructor TargetShooting's Avatar
    Thanks Arc. I will try to make it in Jan. Will let you know soon.

Graduate
    arc,
    what would be the course of fire with a scoped rifle? I'm interested as well..but have shot prone mainly.
    Last edited by mapper; December 23rd, 2013 at 12:12 AM.

Sophomore
    Mapper - It is the same course of fire you shot that day you shot with us. 2 sighting shots and 20 shots for record, repeated two more times.
    A scoped rifle with a bipod or front rest would put you as an F-Class rifle. If you want to shoot F-Class Tactical Rifle you must use a bipod and the caliber has to be .308/7.62 or .223/5.56. Anything else is F-Class Open. If you shoot with a sling you would be shooting in the Any rifle - Any sight class.

Graduate
    sounds good..it would be 308 or 223 anyway..
    223 if I can develop some good 77 gr rounds, 308 if not..
    looking forward to this..