Signal 0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chronograph brand/model recommendations/warnings?

CCGF Driving Instructor TargetShooting's Avatar
    Rumbler just bought his chronograph and shot through it on his 308. He left but I have to keep shooting the steel making 3 consecutive shots inside 3 inch yellow area...to qualify for access to 400yard. The old man put a hole inside the bull's eye at 200 and called it a day...he's afraid of another shot? I can't read his mind.
    Last edited by TargetShooting; December 19th, 2013 at 06:17 PM.

Naw. I came back and shot some more. You know that little white dot in the middle of the green Talon silhouette? I guess it is about 1" in diameter.

One round in the middle of it, two splitting the edge of it - but touching each other. At 200 yards. Using an experimental load I have never used before.

Those guys worried about shooting a 3" group at 200 yards crack me up.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbler View Post
    Naw. I came back and shot some more. You know that little white dot in the middle of the green Talon silhouette? I guess it is about 1" in diameter.

One round in the middle of it, two splitting the edge of it - but touching each other. At 200 yards. Using an experimental load I have never used before.

Those guys worried about shooting a 3" group at 200 yards crack me up.
    i was was shooting an AR. I am not sure but I think AR hitting 3" group at 200 yards is at least average?

Graduate
    Thank you all for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by TargetShooting View Post
    i was was shooting an AR. I am not sure but I think AR hitting 3" group at 200 yards is at least average?

That is just fine accuracy, David! And as you get practice time with the poodle shooter it will improve even more.

Speaking of practicing. I am very impressed with your 100 yard accuracy with your 1911. Not many people can hit a car sized target at 100 yards with a pistol, much less a half-size human silhouette.

Oh, they will say the can (just watch and see) but you won't see them come to the range and do it.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Graduate
    on the chrony's (at least the master I have) the avg, hi, low, dtandard deviation, and extreme spread functions are accessed by a remote switch..

the switch is not that tough to make, just a momentary contact attached to the top 2 connections on a 1/8" stero jack..(about 10 bux)

I have not tried it yet, but will test some loads I'm working on after christmas..

I'll also wrap some tape 6" up on the supports to ge me a refrence of safe zone vs kill zone of the chrony with scoped rifles..

PM me chronographs on deck like a sailor.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by TargetShooting View Post
    Is this from the bench with a scope?

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Is this from the bench with a scope?
    Yes

David, Arclight does that at 600 yards with iron sights.

He is not a normal human.