Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new bench

Graduate

new bench

I have been looking at a lot of benches lately, and wanted one that had a lot of flexibility
    while the design is not original, I think I'm going to be satisfied with it..
    it gives a place to store presses on top of the cabinet, pegboard and shelves, drawers,
    and 3 9"x9" sliding insets

the table is one that was on a black friday sale, it had a butcherblock 3/4" top on it , and I used it as a starting point..
    the working top is plywood.
    sorry for the pic size..
    insets are cut on a 30 degree bevel on 3 sides, dimensions are 5' long, 20" wide, 7"x24"x4' cabinet, and was made from 1 sheet of 3/4" plywood, and a peice of pegboard..

Last edited by mapper; December 10th, 2013 at 09:21 PM.

VERY clever design.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

I'm curious as to the benefit of the bench top being cut into smaller pieces as opposed to 1 piece?
    You gonna bark all day little doggy or you gonna bite?

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFingergasm View Post
    I'm curious as to the benefit of the bench top being cut into smaller pieces as opposed to 1 piece?
    Each press is mounted on a peice of plywood with the matching beveled edge. You slide out one of those blank peices, and slide in the press you want. Quick and easy.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Ahhhhhh....genius
    You gonna bark all day little doggy or you gonna bite?

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFingergasm View Post
    Ahhhhhh....genius
    I know, but we're here to talk about the bench.

Graduate
    what tack said..
    all I had to work with was a table saw..
    so from a ease of building standpoint it was peiced together..
    Last edited by mapper; December 10th, 2013 at 09:45 PM.

Looks nice... just hope you don't ever have to size .308 MG brass... Over the years, I've torn my Rockchucker off the table top more than once sizing MG brass and brass fired out of M14's... lol.
    Signal-0 Productions Firearms Training... for the working man.

Graduate
    Thanks for the heads up bob,
    I may drill through the table top 2 holes in the lyman turret, and bolt it..
    it would be simple enough with 2 5/16" t nuts installed in the bottom of the table on opposite corners,

I haven't loaded on it yet...the lyman sits further back from the edge of the table top it is a heavier press
    and a better candidate for a little more persuasion..
    Last edited by mapper; December 10th, 2013 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Airgator0470 View Post
    Looks nice... just hope you don't ever have to size .308 MG brass... Over the years, I've torn my Rockchucker off the table top more than once sizing MG brass and brass fired out of M14's... lol.

Nice bench. HUGE +1 for creativity.

But I'm with Bob. In fairness, I DO process a lot of NATO military rifle brass.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.