Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Want to Get Into Loading/Reloading

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    Jlfar,you can call me most any time.I am retired and just do a lot o piddling around .Always glad to help some one out with the interests I have.
    (nam era) yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

Quote Originally Posted by jlfar0311 View Post
    so theoretically; remove the bolt, place lead round into chamber, and tap dowel with hammer until round exits muzzle, then measure from groove to groove. The average number being the average bore tolerance, excluding points of lesser resistance. I think that's pretty damn doable. You've got my email, hit me up next time you come this way and have some time, I'll definitely take you up on that!

Slugging the bore is fairly simple but you need the right equipment. Hammering a lead slug the wrong way can damage the bore.

I have been using the slugs from Lead Bullet Technologies. They are specially designed for that purpose. Works easily and can tell you more about bore size and condition. Cost a bit but is worth it.

Proper size bullets are available for the 7.62x54. They are the same as the 303 British, .312. Match bullets are available, too.

I have been loading since 1972 and am always glad to help someone get started. It is easy enough to do but has to be done properly.

Ask here and I will try to answer any questions.