Tallahassee Indoor Shooting Range
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Feeling blue

Feeling blue

Fired up the 650 tonight for the first time. Having a few issues.
    Not decapping in the sizer die. Have it run down as far as I can, still not wanting to remove the spent primer consistently.
    Thinking I may have to go with Dillon dies.

The primer advance isn't consistent either, seems to be a little sticky.
    Is there a lube point for it?

Making good ammo though, once a few little things are smoothed out it will pump out a ton of ammo.
    Putting the Harm in Pharmacist

Glad you got it up and running.
    5G Motorola Razr

Have you run the die down or the internal decapping pin down as well? Have you replaced the decapper pin? Have you checked the primer advance for debris? They can get powder under them and hang up. Give Dillon a call they will help you out. Jim
    Weapon of Choice: Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator bolted to a crappy old T53 stock

Adjusted the die up a little, works better now.
    Watched the lube video, should work better after the primer advance is greased.

Graduate
    If I tighten the bolts down too much on the primer assembly, mine will drag as well causing the failure to progress you described. I tighten mine down and then run the indexing arm manually to feel for drag. If I detect any I back the bolts off just until the drag frees up. As far as the decapping goes, most progressive presses don't like CCI primers just so you know in advance. They tend to grab the decapping pin and get re-seated on the downstroke, but the Dillon dies have a spring loaded thingy that is pretty good at snapping them off. I've never had any problems with Winchester (which is what I always use now).

Appreciate it. Considering just depriming before tumbling so I can use the stainless pins. Would help some.

Anybody used the Frankfort arsenal tumbler? Seems like a good idea. But not sure about the quality.

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Anybody used the Frankfort arsenal tumbler? Seems like a good idea. But not sure about the quality.
    It works great for me, however I will be upgrading to larger pins in the tumbler.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.