I'm hoping someone with some first hand experience can chime in on this and give me the low down . . .

5.56. The huge vast majority of that - thank goodness - is LC brass. No tiny flash holes to deal with, and none of those evil berdan cases.

Does anyone else around here break a lot of decapping pins pushing primers out?

Really, I've checked case alignment, flash hole size . . and for two little holes in the bottom of the case. I can go through two pins on a hundred cases. In fairness to the dies (Lee three die set) I do have the little ferule on the stem of the decapping pin so tight it will either push the primer out or break the tip off the pin.

Yes, I consider that a tip about what is going on. Some of those primers are either glued in or crimped like a . . . I dunno, something really tight!

7.62. I dunno. So far I've only broken one decapping pin. But at that point I had done a couple of hundred cases, so I'm not going to complain. But I can tell you that compared to commercial .308 - any commercial .308 - brass those military cases take a whole lot more 'umph' to process.

So . . . I know about the crimp removal after the primer is gone. I need to know if any of you folks have any tips for pushing that dagum primer out that's been crimped in there without the press eating decapping pins like candy. :-*