Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: RCBS Locking Ring Set Screws

Freshman

RCBS Locking Ring Set Screws

I couldn't get a set screw to tighten down on my RCBS die and ended up stripping out the set screw. I contacted customer service and they sent me several set screws and several brass buffers. RCBS customer service is hard to beat. Adding the buffer between the set screw and the die thread works but wondering if there is a better solution.

Anyone else have this issue? After doing some reading on other forums some guys are using split shot as a buffer or changing to the Hornady locking rings.

+1 on the Hornady locking rings. I've just about migrated all of my RCBS dies over to the Hornady rings.

Freshman
    I'm going to keep the factory locking rings a little longer. If I keep having issues I'll try the Hornady locking rings. Right now everything is set and working so no reason to change them.

What problems are y'all encountering with RCBS dies? Some of my dies I've been using for 30 years. I never had problems but they all have the old style collar like this. I hear the newer collars are a PITA.

Name:  lock-ring-forster_vg-16274.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  43.2 KB

Edit, Nevermind, didn't read your second paragraph.
    5G Motorola Razr

Graduate
    Lyman used a piece of shot under the screw for years . Maybe they still do I haven't bought a new set of Lyman in years.
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .