Signal 0
Likes Likes:  58
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Forum Outage April 30th

Nerd Speak Warning: This will only interest people that know what's up with IPV4 and IPV6

I've gotten the IPV6 address added and responding on CCGF, and have DNS resolving the IPV6 address. If you've got IPV6 enabled at your location, you should be good to go.

It SEEMS 'quicker'
    None can love freedom heartily, but good men; the rest love not freedom, but license.
    --John Milton

Only digging in on the position of the truth – yes, I defend guns because guns are useful for killing criminals and tyrants – is going to be successful. Only the truth shall set you free.

It IS quicker. there's nearly a 20 millisecond drop in connection times because you're not having to (typically) go through a route that usually goes from here, to Miami, to a couple other stops along the way on the east coast (like Atlanta) and then finally to New York. Honestly, if they had the Miami datacenter open when I rented the host, I would have picked that one.

Graduate
    You know, the internets are a series of tubes. They only slow down here when Dale starts looking at his adult material.

Quote Originally Posted by Danman View Post
    You know, the internets are a series of tubes. They only slow down here when Dale starts looking at his adult material.
    Or when he places an order for a group buy :-)
    Yo Tony, Do me a kindness. - Winnebago Man

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

"We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we're going to rip out their living goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun cocksuckers by the bushel-fucking-basket. War is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours." - George S. Patton

Graduate
    Quote Originally Posted by thedishdoc View Post
    Or when he places an order for a group buy :-)
    Silly vendor issues.