Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fdle background Check

CCGF Head of Ambushes

Fdle background Check

Alright fellows this one has me thinking bullshit.Is Wal Mart the only place that sells guns that tax your 5.oo fdle check?Never seen this before.
    (nam era) yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

CCGF Diplomatic Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Alright fellows this one has me thinking bullshit.Is Wal Mart the only place that sells guns that tax your 5.oo fdle check?Never seen this before.
    It's been that way as long as I can remember.

What have you done bought Johnny?
    5G Motorola Razr

Graduate
    Always been this way, FDLE charges the FFL dealer a $5 dollar fee per background check.

Graduate
    Quote Originally Posted by Danman View Post
    Always been this way, FDLE charges the FFL dealer a $5 dollar fee per background check.
    I think the question is, "Do dealers have to collect state sales and use tax on the $5 FDLE fee?"

I have to admit that I have not payed close enough attention to notice if I paid the extra .38, or not, LOL! Last OTC firearm I purchased was at DSH.

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    None of the regular gun dealers it this area collects tax on the FDLE fee.Seems as this is tax on tax not that the .38 will break me but if they are using this a profit it needs to stop.Check any of the regular dealers and you will see what I am talking about.Fat cats getting fatter?
    (nam era) yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

What burns my butt is that merchants can legally charge more than the state minimum sales tax if they choose and pocket the difference.

Graduate
    So is there tax on a hunting or fishing license or duck or management stamp?
    Same argument as tax on a background check.

Just pulled out my fishing license. No tax, besides the tax on fun.

Quote Originally Posted by polebarn View Post
    What burns my butt is that merchants can legally charge more than the state minimum sales tax if they choose and pocket the difference.
    Really? We might have to try that if TS ever shops with us again.

Just kidding.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.