Signal 0
Likes Likes:  119
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Newbie reloading questions

I'm thinking fatigued recoil spring. They don't last forever, and knowing that you are not exceeding published load data I think that is a well grounded suspicion.

FWIW.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Thank you very much...
    Am going to chrono some next wednesday and I will shoot through my Glock 22 and my HK USP .40

Rumbler, the only thing I replace on my glocks is sights , a broken slide stop lever on a gen 1 glock 19 and a couple of trigger or locking block pins on a stipple grip glock 17..
    I think I did some mag springs during "The ban"

Refuse to replace anything else.

I do like that load though and the projos were very accurate for me..
    I might go up to 7.5 grains.

Next time I am buying powder though, I will look for something that loads in the 4 to 5 grain range so I can get more rounds per pound.
    Bullseye maybe ???
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #2: Support your men.

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

Evil..
    Thanks..
    PM inbound
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

I haven't loaded any Bullseye in 25 years.

The Alliant site:

http://www.alliantpowder.com/reloade...aspx?gtypeid=1

shows it as a very versatile powder, and I know it is popular as heck, but my recollection of it, is that it is very 'smokey' and sooty.

Maybe that has changed, I honestly don't know.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

If I can get over that way I will bring you some bullseye. It is one of my favorites for 9 and 45.
    Putting the Harm in Pharmacist

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    Bullseye is still dirty as hell.The only thing as dirty is 700x not 800x.
    (nam era) yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

Graduate
    Still a favorite of mine in 38,9,45, and the old hercules bullseye is still good, 3.8 gr under a 200 gr lrn in 45 gives me 715 fps with a sd of 5.
    So I'm using it.

The alliant is a little slower by about .2 gr from what I noticed when I had it, and compared the lots of powder to each other. (By equal weight)
    Your results may vary depending on the lot of powder you have.

The volumetric displacement was diffrent between the lots I compared as well.

Yes you do have to clean them after you shoot them, but I do that anyway.
    Last edited by mapper; March 17th, 2015 at 11:33 PM.

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    I clean mine after every shoot also but do not like the residue that comes with bullseye.
    (nam era) yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

Finally got to chrono my load:

165 gr plated JHP
    winchester primers
    7.4 gr of hogdons long shot

1057 fps from a glock 22 across ABs chronograph was fastest. Average was 1030.

I'll take it. Now to start pulling the lever to make the ammo !!

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    Go for it!