Likes Likes:  67
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rumbler FUNDRAISERS: KIDNEY SHOOT AND 1911 TOSS

We had 4 kidneys at the drills night tonight!

I bought some targets tonight but didn't take the targets. Does that mean I donated some Kidneys?

I'm so in for this 1911 toss. I just hope it doesn't malfunction.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    No further that a pygmy can toss it ,it will not malfunction.Try tossing a plastic gun and see which goes further.
    (nam era) yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

You guys are just . . . . outstanding. Thank you. All. Even Ike.

The object of tossage is on-hand. It will be a real metal replica. You guys gotta know a real 1911 being tossed downrange (again) would result in Talon1 & Talon2 killing us all slowly and painfully. Over several days.

So, while I appreciate the sentiment (especially attempting to improve the function of the Llama [that might work by the way]) I know you guys know it just won't fly.

. . . pun intended.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbler View Post
    You guys are just . . . . outstanding. Thank you. All. Even Ike.

The object of tossage is on-hand. You guys gotta know a real 1911 being tossed downrange (again) would result in Talon1 & Talon2 killing us all slowly and painfully. Over several days.

So, while I appreciate the sentiment (especially attempting to improve the function of the Llama [that might work by the way]) I know you guys know it just won't fly.

. . . pun intended.
    I say blue gun!

Woops. SOrry. I was adding "metal replica" as you posted that. Sorry.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbler View Post
    Woops. SOrry. I was adding "metal replica" as you posted that. Sorry.
    Yes, or metal replica. I believe Noose already offered one up.

Graduate
    So the toss is a complete replica gun downrange and not a stripped one in a ziplock bag?
    A bag of parts being slung downrange by someone wearing a marco polo hat.....yeah,
    Id pay to see that..

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

It's a complete non-firing replica 1911 with working slide, safety, trigger, magazine, and solid cartridges. It's probably 40 years old - I bought it and put it together when I was a wee teenager. It does have one grip panel that is partially broken but I think that will be the least of its worries on Saturday. I have a roll of Gorilla Duct tape to help with consistency between participants. The game will be furthest distance on the fly to first impact. In the event of a tie, the winner will be graded on throwing style and accuracy... yes, style points will count.

It'll either be on Talon's competition range if the steel challenge match is done by noon or the 270 range (by the Conex boxes).

Bring cash - no checks no credits cards. Hope to see you there on September 20, 2014 at Noon. Jim
    Weapon of Choice: Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator bolted to a crappy old T53 stock