Tallahassee Indoor Shooting Range
Likes Likes:  29
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Meat processing, curing and smoking for when SHTF

They also have a knife show there occasionally. Lots of custom made knifes. I enjoy those as well.
    Yo Tony, Do me a kindness. - Winnebago Man

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

"We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we're going to rip out their living goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun cocksuckers by the bushel-fucking-basket. War is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours." - George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by The Noose View Post
    Also BODO of particular interest to you, every October they host Goat Days there, check it out too.
    Ya, I've been a couple times. Not to many goats. Good food though.
    None can love freedom heartily, but good men; the rest love not freedom, but license.
    --John Milton

Only digging in on the position of the truth – yes, I defend guns because guns are useful for killing criminals and tyrants – is going to be successful. Only the truth shall set you free.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodo View Post
    Ya, I've been a couple times. Not to many goats. Good food though.
    Actually got a couple of my kids to try goat sausage one time. Good stuff...
    First animal I ever killed was a goat, had to be 9 or 10, dad handed me a rifle and said "see that goat?... Shoot it"
    "This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."

Captain Steve Rogers

Goat meat is better than venison, but that's just me.
    None can love freedom heartily, but good men; the rest love not freedom, but license.
    --John Milton

Only digging in on the position of the truth – yes, I defend guns because guns are useful for killing criminals and tyrants – is going to be successful. Only the truth shall set you free.

How long do you tenderize it?

Some of the Hispanics in Quincy occasionally invite me over to a cookout. They wrap goat in banana leaves and slow cook it in a pit of hot coals. If done right it's damn good. While the goat is cooking we sit around drinking beer and tequila from south of the boarder and they tell gringo jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jafar View Post
    Sooo, Bodo; how do you tenderize it (the goats)?
    FIFY
    For the waywardness of the simple will kill them, and the complacency of fools will destroy them; -Proverbs 1:32

Ratione Aut Vi

How long do you tenderize it?
    Depends on the cut and the goat it came from. The last goat we had butchered was a ~1yo Buck. He required no tenderizing really. Made really good chicken/country fried goat and stew meat. Goat burgers were tasty too. Saving the backstrap for a special occasion.

Older goats need to be slow cooked or BBQ'd. Or just make hamburger out of them.
    --John Milton

Depends on the cut and the goat it came from. The last goat we had butchered was a ~1yo Buck. He required no tenderizing really. Made really good chicken/country fried goat and stew meat. Goat burgers were tasty too. Saving the backstrap for a special occasion.

Older goats need to be slow cooked or BBQ'd. Or just make hamburger out of them.
    Oh no, I meant how long do you pound it with your meat mallet?

Oh no, I meant how long do you pound it with your meat mallet?
    It's Innuendo Friday!!!!
    For the waywardness of the simple will kill them, and the complacency of fools will destroy them; -Proverbs 1:32

Ratione Aut Vi