Tallahassee Indoor Shooting Range
Likes Likes:  86
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Guerrilla Getdown 1.0

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    Outlaw,stir damn it ,stir you are the man! do it!
    (nam era) yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

Quote Originally Posted by 0utlaw View Post
    I'm sure there is a story that goes with that........
    It's a good one.
    Yo Tony, Do me a kindness. - Winnebago Man

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

"We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we're going to rip out their living goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun cocksuckers by the bushel-fucking-basket. War is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours." - George S. Patton

CCGF Diplomatic Ambassador
    So who wanted to go? Fucking suspense....

Graduate
    I take it y'all are all honorary Georgians now?
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

Quote Originally Posted by FLT View Post
    I take it y'all are all honorary Georgians now?
    You wanna go?!
    Last edited by HarleyBrent; May 18th, 2014 at 10:06 PM.
    Let us skip the other lies, for brevity’s sake. To consider them would prove nothing, except that man is what he is—loving toward his own, lovable, to his own,—his family, his friends—and otherwise the buzzing, busy trivial, enemy of his race—who tarries his little day, does his little dirt, commends himself to God, and then goes out into the darkness, to re-turn no more, and send no messages back—selfish even in death.
    Mark Twain

Graduate
    Hell. I'm already a honorary Georgian . I own a house and land up there.
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

Hell Brother I don't know how to tell you this... I figured you were the first time I met ya.
    Let us skip the other lies, for brevity’s sake. To consider them would prove nothing, except that man is what he is—loving toward his own, lovable, to his own,—his family, his friends—and otherwise the buzzing, busy trivial, enemy of his race—who tarries his little day, does his little dirt, commends himself to God, and then goes out into the darkness, to re-turn no more, and send no messages back—selfish even in death.
    Mark Twain

First and foremost, it is always a pleasure and a rare gift to draw knowledge, skills and abilities from a practicing and experienced warfighter. Whether the instruction is on how to tie your boots in a better way, a “hip pocket” class on a rifle or weapons systems, or large and complex undertakings involving the use of many concepts, one should always jump at the chance to gain perspective. Even if the perspective or lessons learned are wrong, or even DEAD wrong, a warrior still stands to gain a lot by recognizing and knowing what not to do. - This was not one of those classes.

Perhaps the most valuable lessons learned in the class were those of perspective. Learning, dissecting, and recognizing the successes and failures of some of the greatest military leaders is a significant tool to have in your toolbox. An abbreviated breakdown of the evolution of grand tactics served to illustrate these individual successes and failures, meanwhile demonstrating the practical applications and uses of each tactic. The tactics were then applied to a small unit level. The concept is much like combining 5000 years of applied and evolved warfare and whoopass into one small, cohesive unit.

The concepts conveyed in a class are not simple. As such, a warrior can spend decades practicing and getting better. Much like martial arts, it is a constant study and a beautiful partnership between body and mind that never ends. Generally, there is what is called the “crawl, walk, run” phases when learning new and complex concepts like the ones that were taught at the class. You cannot expect to step into the ring with a seasoned and card-carrying UFC fighter after a few days in a mixed martial arts class. I believe that, for the sake of time, different walks of life, different levels of experience, the instructor was forced to begin training at closer to the “walk stage”. However, for the time frame of two days, there was an immense amount of information packed into every second of the class. I hope everyone took good notes! Digging deeper into these concepts, researching more, and practicing on your own time will undoubtedly pay dividends and become a force multiplier in building warrior skills.

Overall, the most beautiful thing about the class is this – it was what you made it and will continue to make it. You can take it all in and not waste a crumb and continue to digest it, or you can use bits and pieces as you see fit. In any case, strong foundations build skyscrapers. Stay brilliant in the basics, gentlemen!
    Last edited by OscarMike1127; May 19th, 2014 at 08:28 AM.
    “Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.”
    ― Thucydides, The History of the Peloponnesian War

“Three of the greatest failings, want of sense, of courage, or of vigilance.”
    ― Thucydides, The History of the Peloponnesian War

OscarMikes rifle discipline is outstanding. I don't think he EVER even set his rifle down. He slept with it in his sleeping bag!
    Yo Tony, Do me a kindness. - Winnebago Man

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

"We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we're going to rip out their living goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun cocksuckers by the bushel-fucking-basket. War is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours." - George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by 12bhunting View Post
    So who wanted to go? Fucking suspense....
    It's not as exciting as it sounds. It was funny though. Thanks to all you guys who attended for making him feel accepted.