Signal 0
Likes Likes:  32
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Thank You Event - Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by jonastio View Post
    I met the new TPD Police Chief last night, and he seems like a pretty stand up guy. I think it would be wonderful if we approached him with the idea and got his feedback.
    Not as the main course, right?

When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

As I see it, there are 4 questions that need to be asked about every suggestion, especially mine.

1. What is the end game goal?
    2. Who is your real, long term target audience?
    3. Will this tactic effectively help bring that audience around to at least respect our views on the subject?
    4. Has it been tried before and did it accomplish #3 or did it make us and our views look more radical to that target audience?

What will we call it? Any ideas?

1-Reverse the trend of demonizing guns and gun owners

2-The people who are not exposed to guns or gun owners on a daily basis or don't realize that they are because we don't fit the image they are expecting.

3- As long as we keep Jafar somewhat sober.

4-Not by us, if you want it done right.....

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

1. Return the country to constitutional rule.

2. Those who work for the government and who could use force against those trying to achieve #1.

3. Either way you learn something.

4. It does both, but long term it is probably a benefit. Look at the civil rights movement. Before people stood up and asserted their rights people gave no thought to the situation as it existed. Over time saw the hypocrisy. Over time enough minds changed to make huge strides.
    Last edited by Dale Gribble; April 4th, 2014 at 04:06 PM.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

One more thing, if "your" goal is to win the hearts and minds of the LEO's, join Oath Keepers and put some of your energy there, their success can not be denied. We are all fighting for the same things, just on different flanks. Different flanks call for different tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Jafar View Post
    I think I'm nicer when I'm not...
    Sobriety is a relative term, at least that is what I tell myself.

Not for nothin, or whatever my opinion is worth these days, but if this is a "Thank you, public safety professionals" event, we probably need to let it be that, and not a 2A rally dressed up as a "Thank you".

That smells a little bit like using the for our 2A purposes. Especially EMTs and Firefighters...Cops, I get it - they carry guns, we like guns...etc...but EMTs carry stethoscopes...they have as little professional interest in firearms as a school teacher.

If you want to throw a pro-2A open cary BBQ gun show-and-tell event, do that. But dont dress it up like some kind of public service event.

Just say thanks, for thanks sake - without trying to prove a point or change anybody's mind about an unrelated topic.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    One more thing, if "your" goal is to win the hearts and minds of the LEO's, join Oath Keepers and put some of your energy there, their success can not be denied. We are all fighting for the same things, just on different flanks. Different flanks call for different tactics.
    I joined Oath Keepers, but it seems to me that gearing this towards Oath Keepers is like preaching to the choir. Maybe I'm wrong. However perhaps working with the members of Oathkeepers to bring the first responders who might be 'on the edge' would be very useful.

A couple of veteran cops I know have told me that over time many cops end up with a circle of friends that is pretty much only cops.

"A journey of a thousand miles is started with a single step."

I'm going to go wee if I can find the thread I split this topic off from. Seems some folks are a little uncertain of what has brought his thread about.

. . . . be right back . . . .
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

It is the thread about the possible ban of tiny cheap imported garbage ammo (paraphrased).

Here is the root of this thread.

Awful lot of unknowns. Thank heaven Franklin, Jefferson, and the rest didn't let that stop them.

I know this: "Many voices speak louder than a single voice". No matter how often or fervently that single voice speaks.

Given that, it seems to me that there are a number of avenues a single voice can attempt to use that are worth trying.

1) Become an organizer for a national effort.
    An active one.
    2) Join and participate in an existing national effort. An active one.
    3) Be so active that there is not a suit in the STATE level administration that does not recognize you on sight. So active the libtard suits turn around and walk quickly in the other direction when they recognize you.
    4) . . . . there is more . . . put as much effort into thinking of them as you do into looking for a deal on cheap imported garbage ammo to shoot.

Right here on this forum is an opportunity for you to get face to face with those people that folks like BB are so convinced will squash you in a heartbeat if simply given the opportunity to;

Oath Keepers.

Join.
    Participate.
    Get to know them.

NRA
    Buying law costs money. If you think that your annual dues is enough you are not active enough to know the truth.
    Join. Buy memberships for every liberal turd you know. They make GREAT "fuck you" gifts!
    Participate.
    Recruit.

Host a friggin picnic.

Organize a private picnic. Invite every emergency responder and their family you and a few friends can make contact with. Don't charge them a dime. Don't plan any speeches. Don't ask them for a flippin thing. Tell them it is happening as a simple thank you. Hold it where you can legally be visibly armed. If you hold true to your word, you won't need to make a speech.

See? There ARE things we can do to multiply our voice. We just have to put as much effort into it as we put into finding a deal on cheap imported garbage ammo to shoot.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.