Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Upcoming amateur radio class Feb 15&22

Upcoming amateur radio class Feb 15&22

For anyone interested in amateur/ ham radio licensing and communications, the Thomasville amateur radio club is doing their Technician (entry level) class Feb 15&22. It is all day both Saturdays 9-4, I believe. There are also general and extra classes for those who want to upgrade. The book is $15 (recommended but not required) and the test is $14. There is a test session after each class.

The class is held in the auditorium at Archbold hospital.

For more info, pm me.

When is a general class? I'm already a tech, wanting to go a
    step up.
    If the enemy is in range, so are you.
    - Infantry Journal

Same weekend.

You gonna bark all day little doggy or you gonna bite?

Thanks Yankee. It is a 2 day class over 2 Saturdays. If amateur radio and electronics is fairly new to you, I'd suggest attending both Saturdays. If you are familiar with the theory and have studied ahead of time, you can attend the first Saturday tech class as a refresher, take the test at 4 pm the first Saturday.

Regardless, If you are interested, start right now with the online resources and looking wit the test answer pool. It will get you familiar with the way the test is laid out, how questions are worded, etc.

also, if for some reason you can only attend the first Saturday, or you do not pass the test the first time, that is fine. Just study on your own after that. The club has a test session every month.

Just a reminder bump to the top and a link for info. http://thomasvilleamateurradioclub.c...ruary-classes/

Anybody done any momma' jokes in here yet?
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Thanks for posting, arc. Yes, Mike was the one that arranged all of these classes and proctored the test sessions, as well as a hundred other tasks he did. He will certainly be missed. He was a dear friend and one of the main reasons I got into broadcast engineering.

When classes are rescheduled, I will be sure to post.

Sorry for y'alls loss.
    You gonna bark all day little doggy or you gonna bite?

Never heard the guy on the air, but I've heard nothing but good things about him. It takes a special kind of person to bring together the kind of organization he did.

I believe TARS will have a class and test in March. Once I have a date and time, I'll post it.