Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Who is going to the Tally gunshow this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by FLT View Post
    Good deals for the general public are as rare a unicorn. I go on occasion just to look but unless you catch someone in the parking lot before they get in the building the vendors pickup any deals that might show up. Add that to the fact that they look over each others stuff before we are allowed in and a good deal is a rare thing indeed.
    They were selling 100 rd boxes of Mini Mags for 25 bucks!!! Even the Thunderbolt was overpriced
    Sometimes you meet someone, and you know from that very first moment, You want to spend the rest of your life without them

Palidin had them for 19.11/100 and told me what a good deal I was getting, I guess they were right.

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

Graduate
    I order a lot of ammo on line . Some times it takes 60 to 90 days to ship but it's worth the wait in my opinion. As far as gun prices go it's hard to beat the GunVaults $50 over cost deal most of the time that's cheaper than the gun show or on line. Like I said I go to look some times but I haven't bought anything from a vendor at the Tallahassee gun show in years . Hell even the Hated Kevins is cheaper than the gun show! I have pick up a few things from guys before they get in to the show over the years but that's the only deals I've ever found there. Some of us should get together and rent a table so we could get in early and scoop up some of the deals the vendors grab before the general public is allowed in. I bet that would piss them off to no end.
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

Graduate
    I ordered a bucket of about 1400 (don't recall exactly) Remington .22 lr that I saw on slickguns.com a few months ago, at .05 to .06 per round... it's supposed to ship "before 12/31/2013". As promised, they haven't charged my credit card, yet, so I suppose when they do charge it I'll know it's on the way.

I've been able to find pretty much everything I need or want through on-line sellers, local dealers and other personal contacts over the past couple of years, so I'm not frequenting the shows like I used to. It cuts down on the instances of impulse buying for sure.

...Some of us should get together and rent a table so we could get in early and scoop up some of the deals the vendors grab before the general public is allowed in. I bet that would piss them off to no end.
    Especially when you closed up shop 5 minutes after they opened the doors!

I order a lot of ammo on line . Some times it takes 60 to 90 days to ship but it's worth the wait in my opinion. As far as gun prices go it's hard to beat the GunVaults $50 over cost deal most of the time that's cheaper than the gun show or on line. Like I said I go to look some times but I haven't bought anything from a vendor at the Tallahassee gun show in years . Hell even the Hated Kevins is cheaper than the gun show! I have pick up a few things from guys before they get in to the show over the years but that's the only deals I've ever found there. Some of us should get together and rent a table so we could get in early and scoop up some of the deals the vendors grab before the general public is allowed in. I bet that would piss them off to no end.

Brilliant!!
    You gonna bark all day little doggy or you gonna bite?

I went to look for a gun I was thinking about getting,didn't like it after I got to fondle it.i go to daydream and look at shit I can't afford now a day
    When there is beer involved,we all win.
    Me

I felt you went over the line a bit,when you theoretically wanted to fornicate with a mythical child.
    Daniel Tosh

I bought some strippers.

I mean stripper clips.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Quote Originally Posted by t332 View Post
    I enjoyed meeting forum members. I saw a lot of good deals at the show, and spent more than I should have. Thanks, Tim
    That new Russian SKS with nickel plated bayonet had me twitching a bit.
    "If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies then every method of protecting ourselves is morally right" -- Cicero

"Governor, I haven't let another man touch my gun since 1861."

Freshman
    That was a real nice Russian SKS. Sorry but it sold. I saw an older gentleman proudly carrying it later in the show.