Signal 0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: CCGF Cookout/Swap Meet

Re: CCGF Cookout/Swap Meet

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

[quote author=crawdaddy34 link=topic=1591.msg14198#msg14198 date=1374074638]
    [quote author=Rail Driver link=topic=1591.msg14196#msg14196 date=1374074406]
    Got airsoft dueling pistols? Bring them if you like (but you gotta pick up ALL the plastic bbs afterwards)

No, there will be firearms present and probably at least some shooting. I won't have people behaving in anything less than the safest manner. There will be no "accidents".

Mixing airsoft and real guns is (let's face it) stupid.

Jennisfan - I have a PC component graveyard down in the shooting field - you're welcome to bring a couple targets.
    [/quote]

Yeah, you probabbly have a valid point....

[/quote]

Agreed with Rail Driver. Not to mention, depending on who shows up, there will be children in attendance. With the older ones it could be explained, but the younger ones seeing grown men shoot at one another in an unsafe fashion, or get involved themselves (voluntary or otherwise)...UH HELL NO!

I'm not trying to be a hard-ass, but had to speak my mind. I am all for airsoft and FOF training, but the combination of live real firearms, airsoft, and children...not with me or my family in attendance!

Regarding the get-together, I would like to attend, but have yet to get the all-clear from my wife. I'll let you know once I do. Either way, thanks for getting this together.

[quote author=Masharubu link=topic=1591.msg14244#msg14244 date=1374083202]
    [quote author=crawdaddy34 link=topic=1591.msg14198#msg14198 date=1374074638]
    [quote author=Rail Driver link=topic=1591.msg14196#msg14196 date=1374074406]
    Got airsoft dueling pistols? Bring them if you like (but you gotta pick up ALL the plastic bbs afterwards)

No, there will be firearms present and probably at least some shooting. I won't have people behaving in anything less than the safest manner. There will be no "accidents".

Mixing airsoft and real guns is (let's face it) stupid.

Jennisfan - I have a PC component graveyard down in the shooting field - you're welcome to bring a couple targets.
    [/quote]

Yeah, you probabbly have a valid point....

[/quote]

Agreed with Rail Driver. Not to mention, depending on who shows up, there will be children in attendance. With the older ones it could be explained, but the younger ones seeing grown men shoot at one another in an unsafe fashion, or get involved themselves (voluntary or otherwise)...UH HELL NO!

I'm not trying to be a hard-ass, but had to speak my mind. I am all for airsoft and FOF training, but the combination of live real firearms, airsoft, and children...not with me or my family in attendance!

Regarding the get-together, I would like to attend, but have yet to get the all-clear from my wife. I'll let you know once I do. Either way, thanks for getting this together.
    [/quote]

Not depending - my kids will be here. 3 of them. 4yrs, 2yrs, and 3 months old.

I'll know for sure if I'm able to get a hog around this time next week and will update accordingly.

I need a semi-solid guess of how many people are gonna come - If necessary we can discuss moving it to another day for convenience if it helps more people attend.

Remember, this isn't just to cook out and shoot guns - Feel free to bring any guns, gear, ammo, etc that you might like to trade or sell.

I was thinking from noon or 1 until whenever - A bonfire and marshmallow roast is also entirely possible if things run closer to dark.

Survival comes first, truth, understanding, and science later. (Taleb)

[quote author=Tack Driver link=topic=1591.msg14213#msg14213 date=1374077955]
    [quote author=Jennisfan link=topic=1591.msg14170#msg14170 date=1374071189]
    I have a lot of monitors and CPUs if you want them to shoot. I would like to go but I don't think I would be welcomed by some.
    [/quote]

You're starting to sound like ArcWelder.

;D
    [/quote]

damn,thats loooooooow,

[quote author=oneton link=topic=1591.msg14732#msg14732 date=1374197644]
    I have a lot of monitors and CPUs if you want them to shoot. I would like to go but I don't think I would be welcomed by some.
    [/quote]

;D
    [/quote]

damn,thats loooooooow,
    [/quote]

Dang. And I was hoping you had spoken up to volunteer to teach the AR-15 pole vault . . .
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

[quote author=Rumbler link=topic=1591.msg14739#msg14739 date=1374198976]
    [/quote]

;D
    [/quote]

damn,thats loooooooow,
    [/quote]

Dang. And I was hoping you had spoken up to volunteer to teach the AR-15 pole vault . . .
    [/quote]

pretty sure i dont remember how to do it :

CCGF Epicurean Snowflake Jennisfan's Avatar

[/quote]

;D
    [/quote]

damn,thats loooooooow,
    [/quote]
    Wasn't it Arc that got Tack run from the other place.
    Freedom only lies in the barrel of a loaded gun.

Update on the cookout plans - picked up a bunch of hotdogs and some other snacks.

I'm most likely not going to be getting a hog for the cookout after all - that's just too much expense for an event that only a few people have shown any interest in at all.

I could be wrong, but I'm not sure anyone will make it judging by the repeated derailments of the discussion about it here.
    Survival comes first, truth, understanding, and science later. (Taleb)

My family will be there unless it is storming worse than Crawdaddy's party. 2 adults, 2 dependents (ages 12 and 15)

Looking forward to seeing and meeting y'all
    Sometimes you meet someone, and you know from that very first moment, You want to spend the rest of your life without them

I already told you I intend to be there.

I've got some adds and ends I can bring to swap too.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater