PDA

View Full Version : Glock Armorers Course

Parsons project
May 30th, 2013, 04:02 PM
So...I am going to take the liberty to repost this over here. It was originally posted by Ray form The Gun Vault, but as best I can tell, it is an open invitation. IF not, then there is another course in Wakulla County in October that is not an LEO only class. It is listed on the Glock Training website as well...

Exciting News from GLOCK and THE GUN VAULT (Civilian Armorer's Course)

For a long time, I along with other people, have been disappointed by the inability for civilians to attend Glock Armorer's Courses.
The Gun Vault has requested to host a Glock Armorer's Course for Civilians at our store, and Glock has agreed.
The Course will be held on August 1, 2013 at the Capital Circle NE Location.
The cost for the course is $195 and can be done directly through Glock at www.glocktraining.com
Don't delay as there are only 30 spots left.

When registering, you may check off that you are a GSSF member or Glock Dealer (The Gun Vault will sponsor you)
Make sure to have confirmation, invoice, and certificate sent to your home address not employer address, which is the default.
Make sure to check not applicable for Agency Size.

Hope to see a bunch of you there.

Ray

Danman
June 19th, 2013, 10:10 PM
This is great, I didn't see this earlier. Going to see if I can make this.

Tack Driver
June 19th, 2013, 11:29 PM
Damn that's expensive.

Parsons project
June 20th, 2013, 09:54 AM
yeah, I think it is pretty costly to learn how to fix guns that largely don't break.

The class used to only cost like $50. It has gone up in price steadily over the years. Actually, if I remember correct, when I was a LEO and lived less than 30 minutes from Glock HQ, I could have gone and taken the class for free. Why, oh why did I not do it then???

BlueBronco
June 20th, 2013, 10:50 AM
yeah, I think it is pretty costly to learn how to fix guns that largely don't break.

The class used to only cost like $50. It has gone up in price steadily over the years. Actually, if I remember correct, when I was a LEO and lived less than 30 minutes from Glock HQ, I could have gone and taken the class for free. Why, oh why did I not do it then???

There is also the installation of Ghost Maker Triggers, assembling long slides etc. ;)

polebarn
July 8th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Correction:They had 30 slots available and only 7 have signed up.I am not sure Glock will have a course for 7 people.

Tack Driver
July 8th, 2013, 08:29 AM
My tools would vomit in spite of being around so much European plastic

We understand.

You're a 1911/AK guy, which means you have only a flat head and a hammer for your AK, and take the 1911 to the gunsmith for everything more complicated than putting the mag in it.

We'll take it in baby steps. First step in curing 1911itis is to get the infected person to learn to breathe through their nose.

They had 30 slots available and only 23 have signed up.I am not sure Glock will have a course for 7 people.

I don't understand your math.

Only 7 signed up you mean?

polebarn
July 8th, 2013, 08:32 AM

We understand.

You're a 1911/AK guy, which means you have only a flat head and a hammer for your AK, and take the 1911 to the gunsmith for everything more complicated than putting the mag in it.

We'll take it in baby steps. First step in curing 1911itis is to get the infected person to learn to breathe through their nose.

They had 30 slots available and only 23 have signed up.I am not sure Glock will have a course for 7 people.

Yeah.Coffee hasn't kicked in.Only 7 have signed up out of 30 available.Thanks.

Tack Driver
July 8th, 2013, 08:39 AM

We understand.

You forgot a spare round as a punch pin. Nice mouthbreather reference though, I may or may not have laughed in an out loud manner

You'll think it's really funny then when I tell you what step 2 is;

We put little training wheels on your knuckles.

JYB018
July 16th, 2013, 09:47 PM

We understand.

Yeah.Coffee hasn't kicked in.Only 7 have signed up out of 30 available.Thanks.

Any idea on the number now?? I was thinking about signing up.

Parsons project
July 16th, 2013, 10:49 PM
As of right now there are 13 open seats.

JYB018
July 16th, 2013, 10:53 PM
As of right now there are 13 open seats.

Thanks, I better lock one down tomorrow.

JYB018
July 17th, 2013, 11:19 AM
1 less seat available now.

Anyone else here signed up? Or going to sign up?

Parsons project
July 17th, 2013, 11:38 AM
I am planning on it if I can free ups some money before the deadline.