Danman
November 29th, 2015, 09:30 AM
Nice pics, thanks for posting them!!!

Dale Gribble
November 29th, 2015, 10:06 AM
Tough looking squad.

Jafar
November 29th, 2015, 12:26 PM
Damn, that guy on the far left could be mattb's brother.

mattb
December 2nd, 2015, 02:11 AM
Damn, that guy on the far left could be mattb's brother.

He has my sympathy. Anyone who remotely resembles me has a bright future in the penal system or the infantry - almost the same thing.

Jafar
December 2nd, 2015, 12:28 PM
He has my sympathy. Anyone who remotely resembles me has a bright future in the penal system or the infantry - almost the same thing.

Eh, some things never change

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWSMoE3A5DI

Bodo
December 2nd, 2015, 12:43 PM
Poor Bastards

Cattle/Horses
December 2nd, 2015, 12:57 PM
Back then we had no idea the true consequences. Here's a short write up concerning the ranches in the area of the trinity site.

White-sided cattle
The wind carried the bomb's fallout northeast of the test site, settling on a ranch owned by William Wrye.
Wrye and his family had returned from a trip to Texas the night of July 15 and had slept through the blast. Shortly after sunrise, the family noticed some men near their stock tank carrying Geiger counters.
"My father had told me that when he went out to ask them what they were doing, they told him they were looking for radioactivity," said Bill Wrye, who was an infant at the time.
"You're certainly not going to find any of it here," Bill Wrye, 60, recalled from his father's story. "We haven't had the radio on for a week."
That story and many other events of the day have slipped from William Wrye's memory, but he still recalls the odd white powder that collected all over his ranch.
"It looked like snow on the ground," said William Wrye, 87, who now lives in a nursing home in Truth or Consequences. "At night, you would see it, but then when the sun came up, you didn't."
The dust disappeared after a few days, but William Wrye soon noticed his Hereford cattle turned white on one side. Then, when he grew his beard out some time later, it, too, came out white on one side of his face, he recalled.
Other nearby ranchers reported similar events after the blast, including the Bursums.
"The government bought two carloads of our cattle that had turned white on their side," said Holm Bursum III.
Bursum's father told him the cattle had been taken to Oak Ridge, Tenn., where they spent long, normal lives under the watchful eye of the government— a story confirmed by a White Sands official.
A black cat on the ranch turned half white and was sold for a $1.00 to a curious traveler that stopped by.

Dale Gribble
December 2nd, 2015, 01:01 PM
Back then we had no idea the true consequences. Here's a short write up concerning the ranches in the area of the trinity site.

By we you mean the general citizens, because I am pretty sure the goverment knew that it wasn't pixie dust.

Jafar
December 2nd, 2015, 01:05 PM
By we you mean the general citizens, because I am pretty sure the goverment knew that it wasn't pixie dust.

Reference the Peabody experiments.

Cattle/Horses
December 2nd, 2015, 01:06 PM
Yes dale the general citizens, but I suspect the government underestimated how large of an area would truly be effected too.

Buy and read, The Day the Sun Rose Twice.

Cattle close to the site were not effected as much as cattle 50-100 miles away so it was a while before they really made the connection.

Dale Gribble
December 2nd, 2015, 01:27 PM
We really need to learn from our mistakes. In the run up and during WWII we ignored out laws and illegally imprisoned thousands of Americans who happened to have Japanese ancestors. In the run up to the cold war we illegally injected and sprayed radioactive shit in/on our citizens without informing them, just to see what would happen. After 9/11 we passed laws that created secret lists of people (including citizens) and illegally restricted their travel. Not to mention what the NSA has done.

e.money83
December 2nd, 2015, 03:04 PM
something, something, repeats itself, something, something, doom...

0utlaw
December 2nd, 2015, 03:04 PM
We really need to learn from our mistakes. In the run up and during WWII we ignored out laws and illegally imprisoned thousands of Americans who happened to have Japanese ancestors. In the run up to the cold war we illegally injected and sprayed radioactive shit in/on our citizens without informing them, just to see what would happen. After 9/11 we passed laws that created secret lists of people (including citizens) and illegally restricted their travel. Not to mention what the NSA has done.
So obviously we are NOT learning from our mistakes

Dale Gribble
December 2nd, 2015, 03:10 PM
So obviously we are NOT learning from our mistakes

Uh, yeah. Damn where is that sarcasm font.

0utlaw
December 2nd, 2015, 03:26 PM
:aaaaargh:JONAS!

Bodo
December 2nd, 2015, 03:37 PM
:aaaaargh:JONAS!

Excuses incoming in 5...4...3...

Dale Gribble
December 2nd, 2015, 03:42 PM
Excuses incoming in 5...4...3...

No where near that fast, unless that was days.

BlueBronco
December 7th, 2015, 03:27 PM

White-sided cattle
. . .

Other nearby ranchers reported similar events after the blast, including the Bursums.
"The government bought two carloads of our cattle that had turned white on their side," said Holm Bursum III.
Bursum's father told him the cattle had been taken to Oak Ridge, Tenn., where they spent long, normal lives under the watchful eye of the government— a story confirmed by a White Sands official.
A black cat on the ranch turned half white and was sold for a $1.00 to a curious traveler that stopped by.

As of 1992, there was still a "radioactive" heard at Oak Ridge. There were also radioactive frogs in "the wild" at X-10 (a.ka. ORNL) grounds then.

Evil_McNasty
July 12th, 2016, 11:34 AM
I saw that PADDY MAC was splitting from Alias training group. Seems they were ripping him, and others, off with the training fees.

Jafar
July 12th, 2016, 12:08 PM
I saw that PADDY MAC was splitting from Alias training group. Seems they were ripping him, and others, off with the training fees.

Yeah he announced yesterday that they were taking money for classes brokered and was refusing to pay the instructors. He also told people to demand a refund and if one was not given, to report to their CC companies that they were fraudulent charges. Scorched Earth.

0utlaw
July 13th, 2016, 02:58 PM
They'll be back under a new "Alias" shortly, they are just looking to insulate themselves from the inevitable losses.