PDA

View Full Version : MAC CLASS LATE NOTICE

Airgator0470
November 16th, 2015, 05:50 PM
I have been thinking for a while that it would be nice to give Mac a gift, something to remember us by.

I know he LOVES bass fishing so if you guys are in for it, I'd like to get Mac a really nice reel... maybe one of those $100 ones they keep locked behind the glass counter at Wal-Mart.

If all of you are willing to pitch on say $5/$10 each, I'll go to town tomorrow and get something nice... maybe matching reels, one to be presented at the end of each class.

You can either post here or send me an IM... what say the group?

Bodo
November 16th, 2015, 06:16 PM
Nah, just get a blow job and then bring him back one.

Gatorvet
November 16th, 2015, 06:46 PM
did you get him a shirt?

Airgator0470
November 16th, 2015, 06:50 PM
did you get him a shirt?

No... ran short on the shirts... besides, they say TACTICAL APPLICATION OF PRECISION SHOOTING.... as it turns out, T.A.P.S. actually stands for TACTICAL APPLICATION OF PRACTICAL SHOOTING.... I figured to avoid being sued for possible copyright infringement, we are good to go with the altered wording... at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it seeing as in almost a year no one caught the wording...

Tack Driver
November 16th, 2015, 09:19 PM
I'm in for a little $.

0utlaw
November 16th, 2015, 09:21 PM
I think you guys should get him a Beemer......... I'm sure Tack would give you his employee discount.

Danman
November 16th, 2015, 10:19 PM
I'll be in.

simmoag
November 16th, 2015, 10:22 PM
I am in.

Gatorvet
November 16th, 2015, 10:29 PM
Good idea
i will try and get cash before the class if not I can mail you a check...

SB
November 16th, 2015, 10:31 PM
In

Frady
November 16th, 2015, 11:48 PM
I'll throw in $10

Evil_McNasty
November 17th, 2015, 09:05 AM
No... ran short on the shirts...

I am still short on one of my shirts.

I would be willing to throw in some $ for old Paddy MacDaddy.

Jas8340
November 17th, 2015, 09:42 AM
Just something to consider but you might want to get him something that travels well. Not sure if he is flying in or driving from class to class.

Dale Gribble
November 17th, 2015, 09:45 AM
I'm in, but the idea seems a bit silly. If hes an avid bass fisherman I'm sure he has tools for his avocation.

Just my 2 cents.

Airgator0470
November 17th, 2015, 09:46 AM
Just something to consider but you might want to get him something that travels well. Not sure if he is flying in or driving from class to class.

Seems to be so/so interest, it was just a thought... we could always just bum-rush him, hold him down, and give him a red belly...

Dale Gribble
November 17th, 2015, 09:49 AM
Seems to be so/so interest, it was just a thought... we could always just bum-rush him, hold him down, and give him a red belly...

Now that is an idea.

I can see the headline. 4 dead at training class in Aucilla, Florida. Shooter thought he was getting gang raped.

Airgator0470
November 17th, 2015, 09:49 AM
I'm in, but the idea seems a bit silly. If hes an avid bass fisherman I'm sure he has tools for his avocation.

Just my 2 cents.

Really?

I did not think presenting someone with a small gift in show of appreciation (not only for the class but for his overall service to our country) would fall into the "silly" category... just another example I suppose as to how we see things differently.

Dale Gribble
November 17th, 2015, 10:02 AM
Sorry, I will try and keep my opinion to myself.

Airgator0470
November 17th, 2015, 10:31 AM
Sorry, I will try and keep my opinion to myself.

Why? I posted asking for opinions...

You can either post here or send me an IM... what say the group?

Just because you think it was a silly idea and I disagree does not mean you should refrain from posting your opinion... especially when someone asks for it.

surfer5
November 17th, 2015, 10:35 AM
I'm in if you decide to do this.

I think it would be cool if we could come up with something that represented us, though. I like the idea but think it would be cool to get something with more local flavor. I wish we had time to make some 1911 grips with the Signal-0 logo on it or something. But I doubt we could pull that off.

Anyway, I'm in and trust your judgement on the gift. Just rambling.

Dale Gribble
November 17th, 2015, 10:53 AM
I'd be glad to contact VZ and find out.

Is Signal-0's logo just a bullseye?

What about Signal-O's logo on one side and Pat's on the other?

Airgator0470
November 17th, 2015, 10:54 AM
I'm in if you decide to do this.

I think it would be cool if we could come up with something that represented us, though. I like the idea but think it would be cool to get something with more local flavor. I wish we had time to make some 1911 grips with the Signal-0 logo on it or something. But I doubt we could pull that off.

Anyway, I'm in and trust your judgement on the gift. Just rambling.

Any suggestions? Based on his videos he claims to be a bass fishing addict.... he send me a text a few minutes ago saying he was headed this way after a work out and laundry... so I have a little time to work with... I just figured based on his strong attraction to bass fishing a nice reel or rod/reel would be something he would definitely use...

Dale Gribble
November 17th, 2015, 10:56 AM
He just acquired a gold 1965 GTO with black top.

Sadly, I'm not seeing the ability to get artwork for that car very quickly, nor am I seeing any really good die cast that look like it.

Evil_McNasty
November 17th, 2015, 10:57 AM
Pack of Banjo Minnows!

Bob, did he indicate that he would be bringing his own wares to sell?

simmoag
He likes bird watching as well. We can always take him to dinner after class. Or buy him a nice bottle of booze.

surfer5

on my phone so I can't get the logo itself but here is a screenshot that shows it. You can get a better image on the site itself.

Cattle/Horses
November 17th, 2015, 10:59 AM
Just a suggestion. When I travel I always like to try some food that's unique to the area. I don't know what your plans for meals are, but a little swamp cabbage and gator would be unique local eats. Again, short notice to get this lined up.

Airgator0470
November 17th, 2015, 11:01 AM

I'd rather it be "neutral" vs. having something with Signal-0 on it (remember, this was the groups project, not necessarily mine)... to me the gift would seem like it came more from Signal-0 than the entire group... no?

I mean we have Mac until Sunday... so I have time... it would be nice to have two small items to give him, one at the end of each class... maybe a nice rod one day followed up with a reel the final class... something like that...

Dale Gribble
on my phone so I can't get the logo itself but here is a screenshot that shows it. You can get a better image on the site itself.

Thanks, saw that. Wasn't sure if that was his new logo or something else.

simmoag
Maybe Tack can take him to Bullwinkle's for some fun with the local talent.

Airgator0470
November 17th, 2015, 11:02 AM
Pack of Banjo Minnows!

Bob, did he indicate that he would be bringing his own wares to sell?

No... he did not say...

simmoag
November 17th, 2015, 11:02 AM
I'd rather it be "neutral" vs. having something with Signal-0 on it (remember, this was the groups project, not necessarily mine)... to me the gift would seem like it came more from Signal-0 than the entire group... no?

I mean we have Mac until Sunday... so I have time... it would be nice to have two small items to give him, one at the end of each class... maybe a nice rod one day followed up with a reel the final class... something like that...

What about a set of VZ grips with Pat Mac's logo?

surfer5
November 17th, 2015, 11:03 AM
Any suggestions? Based on his videos he claims to be a bass fishing addict.... he send me a text a few minutes ago saying he was headed this way after a work out and laundry... so I have a little time to work with... I just figured based on his strong attraction to bass fishing a nice reel or rod/reel would be something he would definitely use...

I wish I had a better idea than the grips. I just saw on his Instagram he was shooting a new BCM Wilson Combat 1911 and thought it would be cool. Maybe a holster for one of his favorite weapons (G17 I think)? Again, all things hard to pull off quickly.

I kike the idea of getting him something he will use and appreciate. I just think it would be cool if every time he used it he remembered us and his trip to North Florida.

Airgator0470
November 17th, 2015, 11:04 AM

That would be nice... but I don't think we are getting them by Sunday...

Evil_McNasty
November 17th, 2015, 11:04 AM
Tix to the FSU game this weekend. He prolly doesn't care much for football though.

A gift certificate to a Jewban seminar!! I know Pat likes guns and stuff.

Dale Gribble
November 17th, 2015, 11:07 AM
Email is inbound to VZ. I don't really see a logo for Pat Mac on his site.

surfer5
November 17th, 2015, 11:08 AM

Personally it doesn't bother me about using the signal-0 logo to represent all of us knuckleheads. It's probably how he is thinking of us anyway; we are a class put on by signal-0. If we did something like the CCGF logo he would have no idea what that was, especially a year down the road.

FLT
November 17th, 2015, 11:09 AM
Tix to the FSU game this weekend. He prolly doesn't care much for football though.

A gift certificate to a Jewban seminar!! I know Pat likes guns and stuff.

Genius for sure, he'd never forgive-- uh----uh forget you guys. :cool:

Tack Driver
November 17th, 2015, 11:19 AM

Email is inbound to VZ. I don't really see a logo for Pat Mac on his site.

I think I saw a T.A.P.S. logo somewhere.

Maybe that was Ghost Hunters. :dunno:

12bhunting
November 17th, 2015, 11:27 AM
Anytime I can not think of a gift that fits the occasion, I have found that a bottle of Rip Van Winkle always brings a smile ......

surfer5
November 17th, 2015, 11:31 AM
I think I saw a T.A.P.S. logo somewhere.

Maybe that was Ghost Hunters. :dunno:

His website isn't great but it has a logo on it:

http://www.tmacsinc.com/

ETA: he has this same logo on the back of his truck:

6170 6171 6172

Dale Gribble
November 17th, 2015, 11:36 AM
He seems to like 'Beer'.

And Cigars.

http://websta.me/n/tmacsinc?lang=en

Frady
November 17th, 2015, 12:12 PM
Anytime I can not think of a gift that fits the occasion, I have found that a bottle of Rip Van Winkle always brings a smile ......
Where do you propose we source this bottle of unicorn tears?

#askingforafriend

Dale Gribble
November 17th, 2015, 12:12 PM
As expected, VZ can't deliver in that time frame.

Tack Driver
November 17th, 2015, 12:16 PM
Where do you propose we source this bottle of unicorn tears?

#askingforafriend

Market Square Lounge

Frady
November 17th, 2015, 12:20 PM
Market Square Lounge
They have a fantastic selection of booze, but no PVW as of a month or so ago.

Tack Driver
November 17th, 2015, 12:26 PM
They have a fantastic selection of booze, but no PVW as of a month or so ago.

Sorry about that.

Evil_McNasty
November 17th, 2015, 03:41 PM
how 'bout a FL classic T???

http://rlv.zcache.com/rippin_lips_fishing_t_shirt-r9d2885657a5d4c2b84d050b27eeb5ce4_va6lr_512.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRxqFQoTCJvalJubmMkCFUmsPgod5KICnA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.zazzle.com%2Frippin_lips_fish ing_t_shirt-235597257609150709&psig=AFQjCNHIuxMkQnjBYmMXiBWouOh-XM8nkQ&ust=1447875618640791)

I can pick it up at the gas station on the way over.

Dale Gribble
November 17th, 2015, 03:42 PM
What about a local (Florida) distilled beverage?

http://www.palmridgereserve.com/

Supposed to be at Try the Publix @ 101 N Blairstone Road and the ABC on Thomasville Rd.

Airgator0470
November 17th, 2015, 03:44 PM
how 'bout a FL classic T???

http://rlv.zcache.com/rippin_lips_fishing_t_shirt-r9d2885657a5d4c2b84d050b27eeb5ce4_va6lr_512.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRxqFQoTCJvalJubmMkCFUmsPgod5KICnA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.zazzle.com%2Frippin_lips_fish ing_t_shirt-235597257609150709&psig=AFQjCNHIuxMkQnjBYmMXiBWouOh-XM8nkQ&ust=1447875618640791)

I can pick it up at the gas station on the way over.

Perfect...

12bhunting
November 17th, 2015, 04:30 PM
Market Square Lounge

If they are out there is a liquor store in Destin that usually has a bottle or two. They had 2 different ones last time I was in. $650 and $1400....

Tack Driver
November 17th, 2015, 05:41 PM
If they are out there is a liquor store in Destin that usually has a bottle or two. They had 2 different ones last time I was in. $650 and $1400....

I was gifted a bottle. It just ain't that good.

Frady
November 17th, 2015, 06:36 PM
It's the best whiskey I've ever had, but I can buy a whole Lotta damn good whiskey for what a little PVW costs.

Tack Driver
November 17th, 2015, 07:58 PM
It's the best whiskey I've ever had, but I can buy a whole Lotta damn good whiskey for what a little PVW costs.

QFT.

Bodo
November 17th, 2015, 08:08 PM
Still not convinced that pvw is worth it. Marketing and hype

12bhunting
November 17th, 2015, 09:01 PM
You can find a 10year for $250. Not a bad price really. 1/2 gallon of clear goes for Damn near $90.

Airgator0470
November 17th, 2015, 09:46 PM
Ok... seeing as we're all over on the topic reference ideas and suggestions, I'm going to get Mac something I think he will actually use more than once or twice... a nice reel or rod/reel combo... if you want to slip me a $5 spot when you come to class... fine, if not I'm good with that too as this is a last minute deal. My brother is going to hit some places tomorrow to see what's good to go.

I must say though... in the few hours Mac has been here, watching TV, eating dinner, talking training, talking life, etc., we are very fortunate to have him... his approachable no nonsense demeanor is all I expected it to be and more... we are in for four days of great shit...

When I mentioned a class NEXT YEAR Mac said he is already booked solid for 2016 and is now going into 2017... we are a fortunate group to have scored a training date...

0utlaw
November 17th, 2015, 11:43 PM
This ain't Vegas..... sixteen WILL get you twenty

FLT
November 18th, 2015, 12:03 AM
This ain't Vegas..... sixteen WILL get you twenty

Or dead. It all depends on who her father is.

Tack Driver
November 18th, 2015, 01:36 AM
If anybody still up has Bob's range address, I need it ASAP. Text me at 850-fo' 5 9-1461.

Tack Driver
November 18th, 2015, 01:49 AM
Got it. Thanks y'all.

Dale Gribble
November 18th, 2015, 07:31 AM
Ok... seeing as we're all over on the topic reference ideas and suggestions, I'm going to get Mac something I think he will actually use more than once or twice... a nice reel or rod/reel combo... if you want to slip me a $5 spot when you come to class... fine, if not I'm good with that too as this is a last minute deal. My brother is going to hit some places tomorrow to see what's good to go.

We do have a fancy Bass Pro in Tally. I'd be glad to run for you.

Airgator0470
November 18th, 2015, 07:47 AM
We do have a fancy Bass Pro in Tally. I'd be glad to run for you.

Thanks... but James is going to stop by there on the way home when he gets off work.

BTW... Mac is a pretty good cook... got to sample his breakfast skills this am...

Dale Gribble
November 18th, 2015, 07:48 AM
Thanks... but James is going to stop by there on the way home when he gets off work.

BTW... Mac is a pretty good cook... got to sample his breakfast skills this am...

No problem. Can't wait till Friday.

surfer5
November 18th, 2015, 07:51 AM

Evil_McNasty
November 19th, 2015, 05:33 PM
That was good times.

Sorry I missed the eggs.

Airgator0470
November 19th, 2015, 09:13 PM
Mac made us chicken fried rice never thought we would get great training and a custom cooked meal

12bhunting
November 19th, 2015, 09:25 PM
Mac made us chicken fried rice never thought we would get great training and a custom cooked meal

Shit for $500 he best sling in a couple egg rolls and crab ragoons....

Airgator0470
November 19th, 2015, 10:19 PM
Weather should be great tomorrow park in line in the driveway upon arrival and PLEASE come to the hunt camp first

Evil_McNasty
November 20th, 2015, 11:18 AM
Judging by his posts, I should have stayed and done some PT with Mac. I needed a good workout last night.

Tack Driver
November 20th, 2015, 01:55 PM
Judging by his posts, I should have stayed and done some PT with Mac. I needed a good workout last night.

He's an animal. Bob told me none of the farm implements ran. I think Mac push started all of them.

Airgator0470
November 20th, 2015, 09:53 PM
Another excellent meal topped off with a few stories of Mac's Delta ops experiences... no doubt Mac has gone above and beyond to make this experience great. Breakfast has been kick ass.

simmoag
November 20th, 2015, 10:13 PM
Airgator, I would love to hear some of those stories sometime. I wished it would have worked out that we could have stayed there. The "fire side chats" are half the reason to take classes like this. Thanks again for putting it together!

Tack Driver
November 20th, 2015, 11:45 PM
https://instagram.com/tmacsinc/

Seriously........he's a monster. I say we just call up ISIS, have them send their very best goat fucker and we settle this shit with single champion combat.

Bob, your place is now famous among his followers as ground zero of "Barnyard PT".

AB
November 21st, 2015, 09:26 AM
The waist high box jump is what impressed me the most. That crap's hard to do.

Josh
November 21st, 2015, 09:34 PM
The waist high box jump is what impressed me the most. That crap's hard to do.

And that was at the end of that day's training After 7 straight days of training. He is in constant beast mode.

Evil_McNasty
November 21st, 2015, 10:18 PM
And that was at the end of that day's training After 7 straight days of training. He is in constant beast mode.

And while wearing heavy pants and regular shoes. Extremely hard to do even in workout clothes. I really should have stayed out there and trained with him.

Bob, you will have to come off of some of those stories. Or tell us any of his commentary at the end of the training cycles.

Also, I would like to know if he ran different things between the 2 classes. He was initially given the impression that the 2nd group was not as "high speed" as us chuckle heads in group 1, right?

Dale Gribble
November 22nd, 2015, 09:20 AM
I have to tell my story before Bob tells it for me.

I had a 223 round get mixed into my ammo pile. In a haste of reloading it ended up in my mag on the dash between barricades drill.

I've fucked this up before at C4, but this time it was a little different. Somebitch fired, and even Got Some (but it sounded a felt like a suppressed shot to me). No damage to the gun, just my dignity.

0utlaw
November 22nd, 2015, 10:04 AM
Did it eject?

Bodo did that with my .40 Glock one time, fed a 9mm through it, it fed and fired but swelled the brass up and FTE.

Airgator0470
November 22nd, 2015, 10:07 AM
I have to tell my story before Bob tells it for me.

I had a 223 round get mixed into my ammo pile. In a haste of reloading it ended up in my mag on the dash between barricades drill.

I've fucked this up before at C4, but this time it was a little different. Somebitch fired, and even Got Some (but it sounded a felt like a suppressed shot to me). No damage to the gun, just my dignity.

No way was I going to mention anything negative... But your experience is something we all can learn from. As far as the second class is concerned, the goal was to TRY to place folks in similar physical abilities which can be hard to do... It was not necessary SKILLS driven.

Dale Gribble
November 22nd, 2015, 10:13 AM
Did it eject?

Bodo did that with my .40 Glock one time, fed a 9mm through it, it fed and fired but swelled the brass up and FTE.

Eventually. With pliers.

I've done the same with 380 reloads. I had a 380 get in my pile of 9mm, and charged it and everything. Since the OAL was right I carefully tried it, and it fired and ejected.

Dale Gribble
November 22nd, 2015, 10:15 AM
No way was I going to mention anything negative... But your experience is something we all can learn from.

That is because you are a gentleman and a scholar.

Bodo
November 22nd, 2015, 10:42 AM
Did it eject?

Ya, it swelled the brass up and didn't cycle the slide. Racked the slide and gtg

But dude...Do you have to bring that up every single time someone does it? I feel kind of like Ike does when they tell the story about him and the tranny...

FLT
November 22nd, 2015, 10:48 AM
Bodo , it's your only fuckup. We have to recycle it.

0utlaw
November 22nd, 2015, 10:51 AM
Ya, it swelled the brass up and didn't cycle the slide. Racked the slide and gtg

But dude...Do you have to bring that up every single time someone does it? I feel kind of like Ike does when they tell the story about him and the tranny...
Not judging, it could happen to anyone, I just found it interesting. The AK feeding the 5.56 is really surprising to me much more than the .40/9mm.

Bodo
November 22nd, 2015, 10:59 AM
Not judging, it could happen to anyone, I just found it interesting. The AK feeding the 5.56 is really surprising to me much more than the .40/9mm.
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/22/1647c7a0a93aa23daa2abe0c5c60a43c.jpg

0utlaw
November 22nd, 2015, 11:01 AM
Dale, were you running an AK 47 or 74?

Dale Gribble
November 22nd, 2015, 11:24 AM

0utlaw
November 22nd, 2015, 11:41 AM

So it was a pretty significant size difference.

0utlaw
November 22nd, 2015, 01:21 PM
Did you save the case? I'd love to see what it did.

BTW how do you make an AK FTF? Feed it AR candy.........

Dale Gribble
November 22nd, 2015, 01:51 PM
bob has it. it looks like a long 300 BO.

Airgator0470
November 22nd, 2015, 08:51 PM

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/911/pISA5v.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/pbpISA5vj)

FLT
November 22nd, 2015, 09:26 PM

I have to give to y'all , when you say an AK will shoot anything . It's a fact.

0utlaw
November 22nd, 2015, 09:28 PM
How do you make an AK FTF? Feed it AR ammo

FLT
November 22nd, 2015, 09:46 PM
No. I was serious, I'm impressed . You feed a rifle the wrong caliber and all you have to do to get it running again is feed it a fresh round and stay in the game. No small accomplishment in my book.

Dale Gribble
November 22nd, 2015, 10:35 PM
No. I was serious, I'm impressed . You feed a rifle the wrong caliber and all you have to do to get it running again is feed it a fresh round and stay in the game. No small accomplishment in my book.

Is AK. It shoot.